Problem with mixing audio

Discuss working with MultitrackStudio.
Support

Re: Problem with mixing audio

Post by Support »

Their download links lead to a 'website coming soon' page :?
moxol

Post by moxol »

Just to tell you how to recreate problem.
If you create new song and add just one MIDI track with Ample Bass VST and start transport, you can hear noise at start.
Support

Post by Support »

I tried the bass, but the installer didn't install any VST plugins. I have to give up on this I'm afraid.
You can ask the plugin vendor for help.

Giel Bremmers
moxol

Post by moxol »

What do you mean it didn't install VST plugins?
I used both VST's couple of years on MTS, never had any problems loading VST.

I don't think that plugin is th problem, but MTS.
Here is what I found out today, that if you click Edit track button you can hear same noise.
I am trying to help you with MTS, because these VST's are used extensively by many users, and surely they will notice the same problem.
cidbil

Post by cidbil »

Geil, that plugin is available as a free download at Plugin Boutique. I was able to download it and it installed fine. However it never worked, so I uninstalled it.

Moxol, the plugin, IMHO is junk. I remember trying it out about a year ago, and after a few hours I uninstalled it. It didn't work in MTS, or Acid Pro 9.
I found the Sonivox suite of plugins was a far better choice.

HTH
Support

Post by Support »

moxol wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 12:59 pm What do you mean it didn't install VST plugins?
It didn't put any .dll files in the VST folders I picked when it asked for them.
moxol wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 12:59 pm I don't think that plugin is th problem, but MTS.
Could be, but I don't think anything has changed in recent versions that could cause this.

Are the plugins running bridged or not? Does changing this make a difference?
Do other software instruments (like the MultitrackStudio Instruments) work fine?
moxol wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 12:59 pm Here is what I found out today, that if you click Edit track button you can hear same noise.
Apparently it pops whenever the audio engine starts processing the plugin.

Giel Bremmers
moxol

Post by moxol »

Support wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 1:41 pm
moxol wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 12:59 pm What do you mean it didn't install VST plugins?
It didn't put any .dll files in the VST folders I picked when it asked for them.
moxol wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 12:59 pm I don't think that plugin is th problem, but MTS.
Could be, but I don't think anything has changed in recent versions that could cause this.

Are the plugins running bridged or not? Does changing this make a difference?
Do other software instruments (like the MultitrackStudio Instruments) work fine?
moxol wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 12:59 pm Here is what I found out today, that if you click Edit track button you can hear same noise.
Apparently it pops whenever the audio engine starts processing the plugin.

Giel Bremmers
I installed it couple of times on separate computers, it installed dll's every time, I don't know what the problem is.
They are not bridged, but it doesn't matter whether it's bridged or not.
Other instruments work fine, both MTS and non-MTS.
moxol

Post by moxol »

cidbil wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 1:38 pm Geil, that plugin is available as a free download at Plugin Boutique. I was able to download it and it installed fine. However it never worked, so I uninstalled it.

Moxol, the plugin, IMHO is junk. I remember trying it out about a year ago, and after a few hours I uninstalled it. It didn't work in MTS, or Acid Pro 9.
I found the Sonivox suite of plugins was a far better choice.

HTH
Plugins are not junk, Ample Bass is very good, Ample Guitar is not bad, but it's far away from being junk, especially for free VST's they are of good quality.
Support

Post by Support »

OK, I ran the bass installer again, this time without changing any options. Now I have it!

It appears the pop is actually a bass guitar sound. It goes away if you switch off "pedal noise" in the plugin's settings pane.
MTS sends a "sustain off" message when processing starts, in order to make sure sustain is off.

Giel Bremmers
moxol

Post by moxol »

Yes, that's it!

It works for both VST's, since they both have Pedal Noise.

Thanks very much! :D