ISO record mics from an XR18

Discuss working with MultitrackStudio.
tkansora

ISO record mics from an XR18

Post by tkansora »

I've done a lot of stereo recording, but it's been sometime since I did any multi track recording. And that was back in the days of tape! A client has requested this setup and I just want to make sure I can make this happen before I promise anything.

I’m planning to use a Behringer XR18, with XAir App running on a Mac. MultiTrack Studio (MTS) app also running on the Mac.

I have 8 wireless mic’s that need to be iso recorded. Client would like each mic assigned to a separate track for down-mix later.

- Will MTS software see the channels/stems via USB from the XR18? I see how I can iso each input channel to separate USB channels/stems via XAir App. Do these USB channels/stems automatically populate to MTS and I just select the USB stem on the drop down menu in each track?

- Client is requiring file to be 24 bit /48 kHz WAV. Does MTS support this? The standard or do I need to go with the pro version?

- I’ve been playing with the MTS demo. It looks like the session/ song is saved in a folder and each track in a separate wave file. Is that standard? Will my client be able to open the “session/ song” with all 8 tracks. I was expecting one file with all the tracks "within" this one file. Is separate files enclosed within a folder the norm and can be opened by other DAW systems?

Will MTS standard software package meet my needs or do I need the Pro version?

Thank You for your input.
Dijon

Re: ISO record mics from an XR18

Post by Dijon »

tkansora wrote:
I have 8 wireless mic’s that need to be iso recorded. Client would like each mic assigned to a separate track for down-mix later.

- Client is requiring file to be 24 bit /48 kHz WAV. Does MTS support this? The standard or do I need to go with the pro version?
Yes, 24 bit / 48 khz wav supported.

According to the technical specs, only the Pro version can do simultaneous multichannel audio recording with more than 2 channels.
moxol

Post by moxol »

tkansora wrote: - I’ve been playing with the MTS demo. It looks like the session/ song is saved in a folder and each track in a separate wave file. Is that standard? Will my client be able to open the “session/ song” with all 8 tracks. I was expecting one file with all the tracks "within" this one file. Is separate files enclosed within a folder the norm and can be opened by other DAW systems?
Yes, files are separate for every track. You can't open MTS .hdr song file with other DAW, but since tracks are in wave files, you can easily import all of them in any DAW or audio editor.
tkansora

Post by tkansora »

Thanks for your replies.

Sent my client a couple of test files and they're good to go.

Thanks!!