A few questions

Discuss working with MultitrackStudio.
tkansora

A few questions

Post by tkansora »

Thanks Giel and others for your assistance & answers so far. I thought about posting my questions directly to support, but figured maybe others might find the answers helpful as well.

So far I've been playing around with the software connected to a Behringer X18. Multiple tracks of audio being sent via usb.
I started on a Mac and all worked as expected. Now I'm connecting to a Win 7 PC and having some small issues and questions.

1. On the PC, how do I monitor the stereo mix and/or solo buss? Worked fine on Mac, not working on the PC. I know the PC is outputting audio. Went to YouTube and played a couple of video's. Is there a button/checkbox I'm missing? A driver?

2. On Win and Mac versions. Is there a way to send the monitor audio back to my X18 via usb? I'm thinking I could add it to an unused input strip and can easily solo & monitor from that point.

3. On Win and Mac versions. Is there a way to designate where the incoming record file is "saved". Not the the file save at the end of record and can save anywhere I want, but the one during the record process. Wondering if I can designate an separate partition or maybe an external drive. On my Mac the internal drive is getting full, I'd like to connect an external drive. On my PC I have 2 partitions. One is half full, the other is pretty much empty. Just wondering if there is capability in the software.

4 On the Mac version on the bottom of the window is an estimate of time available to record. Is this estimate available on the Win version.

5 What do the faders on each track do? Are they input or output/mixdown faders?

Thanks!!
Support

Re: A few questions

Post by Support »

tkansora wrote:1. On the PC, how do I monitor the stereo mix and/or solo buss? Worked fine on Mac, not working on the PC. I know the PC is outputting audio. Went to YouTube and played a couple of video's. Is there a button/checkbox I'm missing? A driver?

2. On Win and Mac versions. Is there a way to send the monitor audio back to my X18 via usb? I'm thinking I could add it to an unused input strip and can easily solo & monitor from that point.
See https://www.multitrackstudio.com/monitoring.php. I think you can set up monitoring in the X18 itself.
tkansora wrote:3. On Win and Mac versions. Is there a way to designate where the incoming record file is "saved". Not the the file save at the end of record and can save anywhere I want, but the one during the record process. Wondering if I can designate an separate partition or maybe an external drive. On my Mac the internal drive is getting full, I'd like to connect an external drive. On my PC I have 2 partitions. One is half full, the other is pretty much empty. Just wondering if there is capability in the software.

4 On the Mac version on the bottom of the window is an estimate of time available to record. Is this estimate available on the Win version.
You can set both in the Studio menu's Preferences window.
tkansora wrote:5 What do the faders on each track do? Are they input or output/mixdown faders?
They're for output.

Giel Bremmers