Ozone elements won't work

Discuss working with MultitrackStudio.
sinbad

Ozone elements won't work

Post by sinbad »

I have just installed Ozone Elements which was on offer at $29, but it wont load in MTS. It works fine in reaper and in cakewalk, so it looks like mts doesn't recognise them. :?
nickb2010

Re: Ozone elements won't work

Post by nickb2010 »

I bought this on Saturday from Plugin Boutique and it works on MTS here with no problems.

Nick B
sinbad

Post by sinbad »

Are you in windows or mac, and which version of mts are you running?
Support

Post by Support »

sinbad wrote:I have just installed Ozone Elements which was on offer at $29, but it wont load in MTS. It works fine in reaper and in cakewalk, so it looks like mts doesn't recognise them. :?
What happens? Does it appear in the effect selector list? If yes, what happens when you click it?

Giel Bremmers
sinbad

Post by sinbad »

It appears in the selector list, but when I click on it nothing happens.
nickb2010

Post by nickb2010 »

I use MTS Pro, running on Windows 7 64 bit. You get the plugin in the Effects slots. I have some of Izotope products on there already so it may have installed automatically into the coreect 32 and 64 bit folders. There is a Trial Version of Ozone Elements at Plugin Bputique, which I tested first.

Mick B
Support

Post by Support »

sinbad wrote:It appears in the selector list, but when I click on it nothing happens.
That's odd, there should be an error message if a plugin fails to load.

Please try again and then send a report (via Studio --> Contact). Perhaps something got logged.

Giel Bremmers
sinbad

Post by sinbad »

Report on the way. I noticed that it goes for the 32bit version and not the 64 bit???
Saz

Post by Saz »

Check your MTS VST list for 2 Ozone entries. Mine is...

iZOzone7Elements.dll first and then down the list a bit is Ozone 7 Elements.dll

I can use the 'Ozone 7 Elements.dll' one and it works fine, but the 'iZOzone7Elements.dll' crashes on my system. The same happens with iZotope Neutron Elements.

If I remove the "iZ" prefix ones from my VST folder, the others crash. Why 2 dll's each for Ozone and Neutron, I don't know - iZotope installation is wacky on my system.

HTH
sinbad

Post by sinbad »

Good call Saz. I was trying to start the iZOzone8Elements which didn't work. I scrolled down the list to the Ozone8Elements and it worked. :mrgreen:

Why there are two of everything is strange, especially when you compare the size of them. The one with iZ is about 30mb and the one without is only 3mb.
Support

Post by Support »

The report says iZOzone8Elements.dll and iZOzoneSBImager.dll aren't VST plugins. They're probably dll files used by the actual plugins.

MTS was trying to run the plugins bridged, looks like they're 32 bits. The fact that they were bridged could be the reason you didn't get a nice error message thrown in your face. I'll look into that.

Giel Bremmers
nickb2010

Post by nickb2010 »

This is how my "working" version looks on a Windows 7 64 bit. It was running Ozone 8 Elements unbridged.

The correct working .dll is called Ozone 8 Elements.dll, and a version is in my default 32 and 64 bit VST folders.

Nick B
sinbad

Post by sinbad »

I've got it working correctly now. While I was fooling around trying to get the wrong ones working I renamed them and tried them individually, and forgot to change the 64bit one back.
That is why I was only getting the 32bit version to work. :oops:

Thanks guys for all the help.
nickb2010

Post by nickb2010 »

Glad you got it going :D :D :D

For the price, I have already found this VST to be a useful piece of kit and modified some online stuff today....

Nick B
Saz

Post by Saz »

sinbad wrote:I've got it working correctly now.

8)

If you can, pick up Neutron Elements too - they usually have it on sale soon after Ozone Elements. While Ozone is more suited to the Master Buss, Elements is a great track plugin.

Of course you can use them however you like, but take a little time to understand how they work. These are powerful software tools and a steal @ $29 each. My mixes have never sounded better since I got these last year.