How do you set the sustain( hold) on and off?

Discuss working with MultitrackStudio.
Post Reply
uncle808us
Posts: 329
Joined: Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:35 am
Location: Annapolis MD. USA
Contact:

How do you set the sustain( hold) on and off?

Post by uncle808us » Fri Aug 24, 2018 11:55 pm

How do you set the sustain( hold) on and off? Is there a keyswitch?
Can it be set on any midi channel?
I need it to be included in the midi file export.

OSX El Capitan Ver 10.11.6 Multitrack Studio latest version Pro.

uncle808us
Posts: 329
Joined: Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:35 am
Location: Annapolis MD. USA
Contact:

Re: How do you set the sustain( hold) on and off?

Post by uncle808us » Fri Aug 24, 2018 11:59 pm

uncle808us wrote:How do you set the sustain( hold) on and off? Is there a keyswitch?
Can it be set on any midi channel?
I need it to be included in the midi file export.

OSX El Capitan Ver 10.11.6 Multitrack Studio latest version Pro.
In MIDI Controller Editor you can control Sustain, but just ON or OFF.
You can select bars and switch sustain ON/OFF.


I found this in a search but is it included in the midi file export?

Saz
Posts: 510
Joined: Mon Aug 30, 2004 11:44 am
Location: WV, USA

Re: How do you set the sustain( hold) on and off?

Post by Saz » Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:46 am

uncle808us wrote:I found this in a search but is it included in the midi file export?
Maybe do a quick test and see?

uncle808us
Posts: 329
Joined: Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:35 am
Location: Annapolis MD. USA
Contact:

Re: How do you set the sustain( hold) on and off?

Post by uncle808us » Sat Aug 25, 2018 2:39 am

Saz wrote:
uncle808us wrote:I found this in a search but is it included in the midi file export?
Maybe do a quick test and see?
Not near multitrack app right now. Thanks for the suggestion.
Just got back to it, NO the sustain is not included in the controls in the midi file.
Thanks to you all.

sinbad
Posts: 591
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 9:01 pm
Location: Germany

Re: How do you set the sustain( hold) on and off?

Post by sinbad » Sat Aug 25, 2018 7:49 am

The options are Include lyrics and Include markers

Support
Posts: 1484
Joined: Fri Aug 27, 2004 2:17 pm
Contact:

Re: How do you set the sustain( hold) on and off?

Post by Support » Sun Aug 26, 2018 5:45 pm

You can edit MIDI controllers using the controller editor (see https://www.multitrackstudio.com/controllereditor.php).
The values appear in the MIDI files.


Giel Bremmers

uncle808us
Posts: 329
Joined: Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:35 am
Location: Annapolis MD. USA
Contact:

Re: How do you set the sustain( hold) on and off?

Post by uncle808us » Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:17 pm

Thank you I will try that again.

Post Reply