MTS won't start anymore

Discuss working with MultitrackStudio.
silexmt

MTS won't start anymore

Post by silexmt »

After updating to 9, the app just refused to start; not even the window asking for my license key. Figured it wasn't compatible withmac 10.6 so So I reverted to the old version but same thing, now nothing works.

I wasn't paying attention and I tried to update while I was in a user account, could that be what caused it, cause it looks like an issue with multiple users.

I'm on Snow Leopard 10.6;
Support

Re: MTS won't start anymore

Post by Support »

silexmt wrote:After updating to 9, the app just refused to start; not even the window asking for my license key. Figured it wasn't compatible withmac 10.6 so So I reverted to the old version but same thing, now nothing works.
It works in 10.6 here.
silexmt wrote:I wasn't paying attention and I tried to update while I was in a user account, could that be what caused it, cause it looks like an issue with multiple users.
It's just a bundle in the Applications folder, there's no magic going on that I can think of. Well, perhaps it can't find your settings, but it should handle that nicely.

You can try restarting the computer or disconnecting the audio device (if it's external).

Giel Bremmers
silexmt

Post by silexmt »

"Have you tried turning it on and off?" yeah, very amusing

Seriously though, it's a permission problem, according to the console:

18-09-07 23:41:23 com.apple.launchd.peruser.501[242] ([0x0-0x2d02d].com.multitrackstudio.MultitrackStudio[510]) posix_spawn("/Applications/MultitrackStudio.app/Contents/MacOS/MultitrackStudio", ...): Permission denied
18-09-07 23:41:23 com.apple.launchd.peruser.501[242] ([0x0-0x2d02d].com.multitrackstudio.MultitrackStudio[510]) Exited with exit code: 1

Tried modifying the permissions, inside and outside the packet to admin readwrite: sfa
Support

Post by Support »

silexmt wrote:it's a permission problem
So did you actually restart the computer or not?

Giel Bremmers
silexmt

Post by silexmt »

Well, I found what the issue was, after googling for a couple of hours; The Unix file wasn't recognized as an executable for some reason, so I had to chmod the thing, as explained here:

https://smallbusiness.chron.com/execute ... 49381.html

At least someone has proved helpful. That did the trick, the app works normally. At least for now, I have a feeling I will have to do this on every update.
Support

Post by Support »

silexmt wrote:The Unix file wasn't recognized as an executable for some reason
That's caused by your unzip tool. The default Apple one works fine.

Giel Bremmers
silexmt

Post by silexmt »

[quote="Support"
That's caused by your unzip tool. The default Apple one works fine.[/quote]

You're right, that looks like imy tool (Keka) was the problem. First time it happened to me; most applications I get are bundled in a .dmg.