CREATING LOOPS IN MTS?

Discuss working with MultitrackStudio.
moriarty

CREATING LOOPS IN MTS?

Post by moriarty »

Hi people, can someone tell me if it's possible to create a ''LOOP'' with MTS?
I know there is a function in edit where you can Repeat a section of music
but i'm looking at making drum loops etc. Thank you in advance :D
iLove80's

Re: CREATING LOOPS IN MTS?

Post by iLove80's »

Good Question,

Be great to have looping added. I've been requesting this feature for while now.

I'd like to be able to loop a section between markers during PLAY not RECORD. Idea to use a midi remote assign a cc/note on etc to set "Play into" and "Play out" toggle.
Intentionally to play a loop, looping for x times until a cc is received to play out of the loop.

Another fab idea is to make Smart Markers, i.e Add a marker to anywhere through a song, then right click-> choose option. The option I'd like to see is Stop. A stop marker which basically stops the transport once the marker is reached.

These features are for us live players needing a stem player which is why I use MTS.
moriarty

Post by moriarty »

Yes, thanks for the reply. It would be great to have that '' LOOP '' feature. I have Cakewalk which has it and Pro Tools has that feature as well i think.
It would be great for drum tracks, instead of having to play the whole track you could loop it.
Maybe this could be added in a later update?

Thank you
K-N-M

Post by K-N-M »

moriarty wrote:Yes, thanks for the reply. It would be great to have that '' LOOP '' feature. I have Cakewalk which has it and Pro Tools has that feature as well i think.
It would be great for drum tracks, instead of having to play the whole track you could loop it.
Maybe this could be added in a later update?

Thank you
Do you mean just have it replay a specific section over and over?

MTS has a "Cycle" feature, that loops selected parts of a song seamlessly, so you can for example have it continuously repeat one bar, two bars, half a bar, etc, over and over while editing.

Example, I can loop one bar while editing drums or MIDI, even audio tracks. I use this regularly.

Like any of the DAW's, feature's differ slightly, so probably not quite the same as Cakewalk. I've used FL Studio as well, and it of course loops too, just slightly different, but MTS can still loop if that is what you're referring to.

Unless you are talking about something entirely different.
moriarty

Post by moriarty »

Thanks for the reply.....yes I have figured it out now....thanks for eveyones help, the MTS community is the best in the world!!!!! :D