RECORDING LIVE WITH MTS

Discuss working with MultitrackStudio.
moriarty

RECORDING LIVE WITH MTS

Post by moriarty »

Hi people, just a quick question, I've been asked to record my friends Duo group ( 2 Acoustic guitars and vocals ), using my laptop and MTS. What would be the easiest way to go about it? Thank you for your valued input! :D
moxol

Re: RECORDING LIVE WITH MTS

Post by moxol »

You have to move your mouse pointer to the button with the red triangle, and you have to push left mouse button with your index finger.
Then it will start recording.

And, you have put your goggles on. 8)
moriarty

Post by moriarty »

Thank you Moxol. I have a studio at home, but im talking about a LIVE GIG in a club. I havent recorded a band Live at a gig before,perhaps i should have said How do I connect my laptop up, to record a live gig?
Thanks for your input anyway. :D
moxol

Post by moxol »

moriarty wrote:How do I connect my laptop up, to record a live gig?
You have to put it on a table somewhere, then find a socket in a wall, or use extension cable, and plugin AC/DC adapter in it, then you have to Power on, press with your index finger button with circle on a keyboard.

And of couse, leave the goggles on. :mrgreen:
sinbad

Post by sinbad »

Can you connect to an output from the PA system?
cidbil

Post by cidbil »

I've done it two ways. The easiest is to route the tape outputs on the board to the computer. This will give you a stereo recording of the performance. If the mix is pristine, then that will work.

The other method I've used (recording my 4 piece band, 2 guitars, banjo, electric bass and 4 vocals), requires an audio interface. I have a Delta 1010lt interface, with 8 inputs and 8 outputs. The Mackie board we used has direct outs, so I was able to connect those outputs to the sound card inputs, then I set up 8 tracks in MTS and recorded all 8 tracks. This method will let you eq etc. each track individually, giving you better control over the final mix. HTH.........
moriarty

Post by moriarty »

Hi Sinbad, yes, we have a pa system with a mixing desk etc. I'm thinking I could run a USB cable to the line out on the desk.
moriarty

Post by moriarty »

Hi cidbil, thanks also for your reply, yes that sounds like the way to go, opening up a couple of tracks to mix down later on.