Erasing un-used adiofiles?

Discuss working with MultitrackStudio.
Grajnd

Erasing un-used adiofiles?

Post by Grajnd »

Hello, how do I erase audiofiles from a the computer through MTS? I know about the function "erase un-used files" but they are still on my driver. Any tips about getting them away permanent without doing it manually through explorer?

thanks Rolf
Grajnd

Post by Grajnd »

well, since no one is replying my question I guess you can't delete files within MTS?? sad.. I hope this could be implented in the next update. I can't believe that people in general wants 37 copies of bad guitartakes on their disk?.. but then again, maybe it's only me who wants this function?..

anyway, MTS still rocks!

Rolf
Saz

Post by Saz »

I agree with you Grajnd, being able to totally delete unused files within MTS would be a nice feature.

Like you, I've been doing it manually. Funny how one can get used to such things and not look for a better solution.
Support

Post by Support »

The "Find Unused Files" option (Studio menu's Tools option) does exactly this, doesn't it?
It lists the unused files, and you can select the ones you want to delete using the mouse. Click the Delete button and they're gone :-)
Saz

Post by Saz »

Support wrote:The "Find Unused Files" option (Studio menu's Tools option) does exactly this, doesn't it?
It lists the unused files, and you can select the ones you want to delete using the mouse. Click the Delete button and they're gone :-)
Thanks for the reply, Support! You are absolutely correct. :)

When I first tried this function I mistakenly read some file names that the "Find Unused Files" screen showed - it appeared that it was showing some that were being used. I wrongly assumed that this was just a little bug and not a big deal - and not wanting to delete the wrong files, I would go into the song folder and delete them manually.

I never used the "Find Unused Files" function again until just now and I found where I was mistaken - ie, reading "guitar.~lst" as "guitar.lst", etc.

Guess I forgot to take my smart pill the day I first tried it. :?
Grajnd

Post by Grajnd »

thanks for the information. Im a bit more aware how the program works, but I have to admit that the "~lst-files" gives me headache..

I wanted to bring back an edited version of a guitar track, but I did'nt knew how to to it, is that possible? I tried to rename, paiste as a new track etc but it never worked.

I guess, THIS is the thing that freaks me out.. the maps are full of edited tracks.

well, sorry if this is a very newbie question!! thank you for your time! rolf