Suggestions for couple of minor things

Discuss working with MultitrackStudio.
Moozeeck

Suggestions for couple of minor things

Post by Moozeeck »

I have couple of suggestions that will make my work with MTS easier, and maybe else's.

1. Is it possible to add vertical lines in Controller edit window for each note so that I know time position of notes? For example, when I draw Pitch dots I don't know where do notes start and end exactly, so I have to do dots position corrections left or right until I find exact spot. If there would be vertical lines to indicate notes start and end it would be much easier to draw.

2. Add option to draw geometric lines and curves in Controller edit window. It would be nice if you could draw line and curves in Controller edit window so that you don't have to manually draw dots like lines.

3. Add version information on TItle bar or Status bar.

4. Change onscreen keyboard keys mapping. I often use Cantabile and they have better key mappings of onscreen keyboard then MTS. Can you please download (free trial) from https://www.cantabilesoftware.com/ and check how they did it? It's easier to play.

5. Splash screen should not be visible always when you open files. Here is what was my issue. I used Guitar FX Box VST trial version, and when I open .hdr file from File explorer, MTS starts loading VST instruments, and when loading Guitar FX Box shows window behind MTS splash screen just to click in order to continue (because its trial version), so I have problems in order to click button in Guitar FX Box window because MTS splash screen is on top. Splash screen should show for a couple of seconds and close.

That's all for now.
Support

Re: Suggestions for couple of minor things

Post by Support »

Thanks

4. Assuming a QWERTY layout:
Cantabile maps the Z key to note C. MTS maps the C key to note C. What exactly is easier in Cantabile: does starting with note C on the left make more sense to you, or is there something with the upper two rows (1,2,3... and q,w,e…) that makes a difference?

5. Are you saying the splash screen didn't disappear at all? I haven't tried Guitar FX Box, but I can't reproduce that with several other VST plugins that pop up similar messages: the splash screen disappears after a couple of seconds.

Giel Bremmers
Moozeeck

Post by Moozeeck »

4. Cantabile uses Z for C and Q for C+1, while MTS uses Z for A and Q for A-1. I find Cantabile more intuitive then MTS because octaves are translated analog to their position, upper row for upper octave, lower row for lower octave, and first key is start of octave. Also MTS stops octave at key U while Cantabile uses full QWE row.

5. Yes, it doesn't disappear. I have to click Guitar FX Box close button behind Splash screen in order to proceed loading. Window of Guitar FX Box is barely bigger then splash screen and I can barely click it to close. Sometimes, I have to minimize MTS to click it. It's annoyance.
Support

Post by Support »

Thanks for your comments.
Changing the onscreen keyboard shortcuts seems like a good idea.

Giel Bremmers
Moozeeck

Post by Moozeeck »

I just wanted to thank you for incorporating changes that I suggested, esspecialy on-screen keyboard new shortcuts and drawing straight line for dots in MIDI controller.

That is really helpfull, I really appreciate your customer support in developing and using MTS.
Support

Post by Support »

Thanks for the good ideas :mrgreen:

Giel Bremmers