Key change in MIDI

Discuss working with MultitrackStudio.
synaesthesia

Key change in MIDI

Post by synaesthesia »

Hi

I am exploring the software, and want to use it primarily for MIDI editing... seems hard to find a good sequencer/editor that works on a MAC

So far so good but I cannot locate a key change function for MIDI affecting all channels except percussion channel 10. Is there such a function in this software?
I have searched but found no mention of 'key change'
Support

Re: Key change in MIDI

Post by Support »

In a track editor you can select a part, click EDIT and use the Transpose option.

The Pro edition has a Multitrack Editor. It works on all tracks you want it to work on, and it has the same Transpose option.

If all your streams are in a single track you can transpose them all, and then undo the drum stream only.
A stream is a 'track' in MIDI terms by the way, MulttirackStudio calls them stream in order to avoid confusion with MultitrackStudio tracks. Having multiple streams in a track typically isn't very convenient.

Giel Bremmers
synaesthesia

Post by synaesthesia »

Ok thanks
synaesthesia

Post by synaesthesia »

Hi
I am currently testing it, so the non pro version will allow me to do this... with all due respect I do not need another DAW, but want to use the sequencer aspect of it for step editing, transposing, and feeding back to the DAWs I use. The Midi in those DAWs are difficult to access and to some extent unstable. Right now the lite version which I am demo'ing does not allow me to see the transpose function. Trying to find out how to feed midi sound sources too...