Intermediate users stepping up to MTS Pro and education

Discuss working with MultitrackStudio.
NoTech

Intermediate users stepping up to MTS Pro and education

Post by NoTech »

Good day,
I hope everyone and their loved ones are faring as well as possible, in this crazy time.
I am posting because I am a longtime professional musician but a fairly uneducated person in digital recording, who started using MTS on his iPad a couple years ago. Really, I couldn't be happier and am very grateful to Mr. Bremmers. The program has done exactly what I needed in providing a very straight-ahead digital recording 'solution', that gives me tons of room to be musical rather than cerebral.
Since my iPad work has been going well, I've been arriving (for some time now) at the point where I would like to branch my DAW work out to my 'main' computer, my MacBook Pro (2017?). Obviously I've been considering different DAW options.. but as an intermediate user each time I go to YouTube or a company's site to research, I am horrified by the complexities, lol.
My (beginner/intermediate) questions are:
1.If I choose to continue and download MTS Pro, will I have the ability to buy and use external/other company's virtual instruments, plugins, on my MacBook Pro (which has plenty of RAM etc.), as I would with other big-name programs?
2. What Mac operating system should I make sure I am updated to first, to make sure MTS Pro and my computer are operative together?
3. As a learning person in the DAW world, there are many verbal terms and functions (MIDI, editing, etc. etc. lol) that most experienced operators take for granted but that impede me, as I try to learn and work. Is there a known online publication anyone would recommend as a 'bible' for beginners in DAW work, that explains the basic universal functions of any DAW?

Once again to be plain, this post is entirely in praise of MTS. I shall most certainly not just be a continued user but shall ~require~ it on my iPad as I travel.

My query is that if ready to move a bit further up, does MTS Pro offer ~the basics~ of what most 'larger' programs might (Mac compatibility, plugins, etc.), without all their more complex complications and confusion?

Once again, thank you to Mr. Bremmers and health to all.
Moozeeck

Re: Intermediate users stepping up to MTS Pro and education

Post by Moozeeck »

I can answer some of your questions.

1. Yes, VST instruments can be used with MTS as with any other DAW.
2. System requirements are macOS 10.15...OS X 10.9.
3. There is of course Google always, but MTS has online manual https://www.multitrackstudio.com/onlinemanual.php which you can study. I can tell you my experience, I learned as I used DAW, MTS is fairly simple to understand. So play with it, and you will see how all works. Of course, you can ask here any questions, we will help you.

MTS is designed to be very simple, you will not make mistake if you use MTS Standard before you upgrade to Pro, and I would certainly recommend it over other DAW's. It's powerfull and you can acomplish everything as with other.

You can check my channel on YouTube for example of using MTS as I have recorded every song with MTS, to see what quality can be.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCiUaZX ... XfA/videos
You can see what VST instruments and other hardware and software I used for every song in video description.

Also, I would also praise support of developer Geil Bremmers, he offers best support out there, he is a kind and smart man who respects every customer and helps them immediately.
NoTech

Re: Intermediate users stepping up to MTS Pro and education

Post by NoTech »

Thank you Moozeeck for your informative and kind reply. I shall look into that stuff. It sounds like I am on the right track (no pun intended) lol
NoTech