PianoTeq Pedal Not Working

Discuss working with MultitrackStudio.
aprilwine

PianoTeq Pedal Not Working

Post by aprilwine »

I have VSTs for PianoTeq 5 and just downloaded PianoTeq 6. In 5 (64-bit), the sustain pedal works fine. In 6, it does not receive any controller 64 data at all, although when I open the instrument in standalone mode (not in MTS), the pedal works.

I dimly remember when I installed 5 that I had to do something to get the pedaling to work, but I don't remember now what it was. I don't know if this is a problem on the MTS side or on the PianoTeq side. Any ideas?
Support

Re: PianoTeq Pedal Not Working

Post by Support »

IIRC the plugin has a setting for sustain. MultitrackStudio simply sends the sustain controllers to the plugin.

Giel Bremmers
aprilwine

Post by aprilwine »

No one on the PianoTeq side seems to know what's up, so I thought I'd check here! :lol:
aprilwine

Post by aprilwine »

So I've done some more testing... I have a file that has 2 MIDI channels. One uses PianoTeq 5 and one uses PianoTeq 6. The settings for both, including sustain pedal settings, are 100% identical. The PianoTeq VST has a window where it streams all MIDI messages for debugging. In the PT5 track, controller 64 data is received, and in the PT6 track, it is not. I am suspecting there is something going on in MTStudio.
Support

Post by Support »

aprilwine wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 6:09 pmI am suspecting there is something going on in MTStudio.
The only thing that's different is the plugin, so I'm not sure I follow your logic :mrgreen:

Do you use the VST2 or VST3 version of the version 6 plugin? Version 5 was VST2 only if I understand correctly.

Giel Bremmers
Moozeeck

Post by Moozeeck »

It's CIA, believe me.
aprilwine

Post by aprilwine »

I'm using VST3... it comes with VST and VST3. The VST version's pedal works, but it doesn't allow me to change the patch, so I'm stuck with VST3.
Support

Post by Support »

Aah, you're right. I actually found Pianoteq 6 (demo) was on a computer here already, and I can reproduce the problem. Some MIDI controllers aren't sent to VST3 instruments indeed. #7 (volume) works, for example, but sustain doesn't. I'll try to get a fix out next week.

Giel Bremmers
aprilwine

Post by aprilwine »

Wow, good catch! Thanks for looking into it for me. Much appreciated Giel.
Support

Post by Support »

Please see 9.6.2 update

Giel Bremmers