MultitrackStudio versions and new Apple OS's

Discuss working with MultitrackStudio.
NoTech

MultitrackStudio versions and new Apple OS's

Post by NoTech »

Good day,

I have a capable MacBook Pro that I have been running High Sierra 10.13.6(!) on archaically, for some time.. I just don't like updating much and am actually on the fence whether to (try to) get Mojave or the latest version of Catalina. Folks don't seem so fond of Catalina.

In any regard, I am also likely to buy and download the latest version of MTS Pro soon. I currently have an old download of MTS's little 'intro' version on my computer.

Do you folks have a recommendation on 'order-of-actions' here? If I want to download MTS Pro to my current McBook Pro's Mac OS and worry about upgrading my Apple software later, is that a recipe for disaster? Does Giel and Co. strictly recommend updating to Catalina (instead of Mojave) ~then~ getting his latest version of MTS Pro? If I just download MTS Pro now and do whatever later, does that cause major problems.. or does MTS Pro 'move' through most updates without much issue?

Although not highly computer knowledgeable, I -wil-l be using MTS Pro 'professionally'. I already have MTS for iPad and have all relevant files on -that- device. I do not have any files, plugins, etc. at risk on my laptop at this time, re; these updates.

Lastly are there any posts or manual recommendations I might find, while negotiating this process?

Thanks!
NT
Support

Re: MultitrackStudio versions and new Apple OS's

Post by Support »

You can install now and move to a newer macOS version later, I don't see any problem with that.

MultitrackStudio works with macOS 10.9 and later by the way, so using 10.13 isn't a problem as far as MultitrackStudio is concerned.

Giel Bremmers
NoTech

Re: MultitrackStudio versions and new Apple OS's

Post by NoTech »

Thank you so much Mr. Bremmers.
NT