How to delete a song in MTS Pro

Discuss working with MultitrackStudio.
NoTech

How to delete a song in MTS Pro

Post by NoTech »

Hi!

Can someone tell me how to completely delete a song I've started from MTS Pro? I can't seem to find out how in the online manual.

In another issue, I have disabled "save everything in song" in the General area of Preferences but the tracks I am working on seem to continually save ~every~ take/pass I've made. This is problematic, esp. when trying to sort through the song's files for other things. Any directives on how to have the song's file only keep the finished tracks that are present?

Thanks.
NT
Support

Re: How to delete a song in MTS Pro

Post by Support »

NoTech wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:26 am Can someone tell me how to completely delete a song I've started from MTS Pro?
You can delete the songs's folder using Finder (Mac) or File Explorer (Windows).

On iPad the user can't see the files, so MTS can be sure what to delete. On Windows/Mac MTS can't be sure a user really wants to delete certain files, that's why there's no Delete button.

NoTech wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:26 am In another issue, I have disabled "save everything in song" in the General area of Preferences but the tracks I am working on seem to continually save ~every~ take/pass I've made. This is problematic, esp. when trying to sort through the song's files for other things. Any directives on how to have the song's file only keep the finished tracks that are present?
I'm not sure what you're after. You're recording a track, and you expect Song-->Save to ignore your recording? You can undo recording using the track editor's Undo button by the way.

Giel Bremmers
NoTech

Post by NoTech »

Hi Giel,

As usual, thanks for answering questions that I'm sure at times are so rudimentary to you. I usually appeal to the forum so as not to interrupt your work. Let me (us?) know if you prefer direct mails!

Use of Finder seems to have done the trick for deleting songs, thanks. Since I'm fairly computer illiterate, it is sometimes hard for me to discern the difference between a window of files that might be 'included inside' within any given program, vs what I think I understand as file (windows) that are separately on my computer's memory/hard drive. I now understand your directive in this issue re; MTS Pro.

Re; the 'Song' memory, what I'm saying is that as I am going along tracking say, guitar punch after guitar punch to clean up performances, the program/my computer appears to be saving ~every~ punch, in-file, despite my tracking over each attempt. I guess I thought in MTS Pro's 'preferences' by disabling 'save everything in song', that the program would stop filing each failed/over-tracked pass but keeping the last, thus making the song's file much less cluttered by them.

I march on. Getting some great sounds from the program, especially on acoustic stuff, using the EQ, Compressor, 'verbs. Very magical.

Health,
NoTech
Support

Post by Support »

NoTech wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 4:24 am Re; the 'Song' memory, what I'm saying is that as I am going along tracking say, guitar punch after guitar punch to clean up performances, the program/my computer appears to be saving ~every~ punch, in-file, despite my tracking over each attempt. I guess I thought in MTS Pro's 'preferences' by disabling 'save everything in song', that the program would stop filing each failed/over-tracked pass but keeping the last, thus making the song's file much less cluttered by them.
If you click a track's name box all takes appear on the menu, and you can load them if you like. That's why they're not deleted.

Song-->Properties has a 'clean up' button that lets you delete all files that aren't strictly required to play back the song.

Giel Bremmers
NoTech

Post by NoTech »

Thank you Giel I shall take a look!
Have a fine Thursday.
NT