Advice setting up multitrack studio my with Dad

Discuss working with MultitrackStudio.
JosephFrench

Advice setting up multitrack studio my with Dad

Post by JosephFrench »

Everything About The Best Pocket Knife Blade Shapes That You Should Know

A pocket knife is undoubtedly the most versatile and compact tool for everyday carry. We all know the functionality of these pocket knives and how they can assist users in a broad array of tasks. That said, not all of us know that there are way more than just a few types of pocket knives. Nowadays, the variations of the pocket knife blades might make one feel impressed, or sometimes, overwhelmed.

In this article, we will show you some of the most popular pocket knife blades.

✠✠✠ Check This Out: Image Best Pocket Knives

Types of Knife Blades

Clip Point

Being one of the most common blade shapes nowadays, the clip point is widely used in many pocket knives. This blade is characterized by the front part of the upper spine being cliffed off. With this design, the tip makes a sharp point that is ideal for piercing, puncturing, or any precision task.

The clip point blade makes the excellent versatile knife. Given its design and functionality, It is useful in various situations, even outdoor tasks.

However, the sharp tip can easily break or chip as a result of the thin and fine shape. It is typically a bit weaker compared to other types of blades.

Drop Point

The drop point is perhaps the most popular blade type in EDC pocket knives. This blade shape is designed with its spin curving downwards from the handle to the point, forming an easy-to-control point and big edge ideal for slicing.

Though it’s typically preferred for hunting, it can be everyone’s favorite all-purpose folding knives. Most of the best pocket knives in the world Image come with the drop point blade due to its versatility. This blade shape is also known for being easy to maintain.

The primary disadvantage of this blade shape is that its point is relatively not suitable for precise works such as piercing.

Tanto Blade

Tanto, also known as Chisel Point, is one of the strongest and most durable unique blades in the market. Its name is inspired by a traditional short sword widely used by the Samurai in Japan.

A tanto pocket knife features an angular blade shape with a straight cutting edge, offering an extremely robust and prominent point. Hence, a tanto knife is the best pocket knife for tough and heavy-duty tasks such as piercing or punching through hard materials.

That said, tanto blades replace the belly to make up for the strong point, which reduces the ability to slice. This makes the blade relatively isn’t very versatile as other types of all-purpose blades.

Spear Point

Spearpoint pocket knife comes with an asymmetrical blade shape with its point placed lining up with the center of the blade. Unlike Tanto, the Spearpoint blade integrates a small belly that is useful when it comes to slicing. Some spear point knives feature a double-edged design with equal slopes and both sides sharpened, which is ideal for piercing jobs.

The blade is often seen in throwing knives or daggers. If you want the balance between precision and slicing ability, the spear point knife will be a good choice.

However, it is not as good for slicing as a drop point or clip point types.

Wrap Up

Above are the four most common blade shapes available on the market. Although there are far more than just these four types, you might see these blades more often in folding knives than the rest. With this handy guide, we hope you can know more about the purposes of each blade shape. Keep in mind that the Image high quality pocket knives shall always be those that fit most to your needs and demands.
NoTech

Re: Advice setting up multitrack studio my with Dad

Post by NoTech »

Hi Mr. French,

I would not consider myself a super DAW savvy person but I have some knowledge and given the fact that no one has replied yet, I thought I would throw in my two cents. It does seem that you and your Dad have enough knowledge between you and will be able to move ahead well once you get started.

I’d guess that MTS (this download) for iPad (or even MTS Pro on a MacBook for $70?) would be a fine start. I say that because
1. It is super inexpensive.
2., Because it is an excellent beginning DAW for learning.

It is very stripped down but still has great sounding results and very nice effects. I love that it is not weighed down with an incredible amount of additional items (like extra effects, plugins, etc.) as a larger program would be. As a ~simple~ program for your Dad to master a band’s work to, it seems it’d be a good choice for it’s range. It’d be one thing if you were ready to invest in a major program with all the bells and whistles- but for a very basic and $ cheap starting point, uncluttered with unnecessary and confusing items, MTS is great and will pay for itself simply as a learning tool over a 2 week period.
I wouldn’t wish to speak for his time (lol) but Mr. Bremmer, MTS’s developer is very responsive here and this forum is helpful.

One thing I would point out re; limitations with MTS ~may~ be (I say ‘may’ because I don’t want to talk down the program due to potential inexperience/ignorance) it’s finicky-ness re; plugins and inter-app stuff. I have had some degree of difficulty getting other applications into the DAW. On the one hand it has been around for some years and is thereby proven. On the other, it may be older and less open to newer developments.

If I were to imagine a good band recording scenario for you Dad in my tastes, I’d say he should have say, an 8 channel (min.) external hardware mixer (with ~some~ onboard effects like reverb, maybe compression for each channel) and a min. 2 channel-in USB interface, so he can get a stereo line-in. He’ll need all the cables, mics and power sources, a decent anti-power surge strip, etc.. An important item for the iPad will be the camera-converter dongle attachment that converts the USB to lightning-in. This is not needed for a modern laptop with MTS Pro and a USB-in port.

With that ^ basic stuff, maybe a couple more toys, he’ll be able to mic up his guys and get a main stereo-mix into 2 channels on a very simple DAW like MTS. Once its in there, he can EQ the two tracks, add further stereo imaging, compression, etc.. He can crate mixes and I believe even master, though I haven’t gotten there yet. A great thing is that MTS works great with the iPad for file conversion and sharing. He’ll be able to send finished mixes to his buddies.

Regarding skipping the outboard mixer and running say, 8 tracks (and more?) into the DAW, you’d need a multi-input USB interface that tends to run more $$. That approach is nearing more pro-audio techniques, where you can get into individual track EQ-ing, effecting, producing, etc.. This is where potential plugin apps, etc. can get complex.. iPad tech is expanding but is still buggy? If you go in that direction you may wish to research whether MTS is the best choice- though I’d recommend it regardless, as its so inexpensive and having it on an iPad is a bit of a no-brainer for me.

For an even simpler non-DAW fact, your Dad could always get a little handheld digital recorder and record just with it’s stereo mic’s live- or run his stereo mix out of his new 8 ch.+ mixer into it and convert a mix-file later. In any regard for inexpensive beginning recording hardware and live capturing, I’d visit Zoom (the hardware audio company not the live-streaming app lol). They have lots of great low-cost solutions. I’ve relied on the U-22 single-channel USB interface for a few yrs as a piece of traveling gear- it’s been very effective, works amazingly with my iPad, camera converter and MTS. I don’t know that much about it- but for your Dad’s purposes, take a look at Zoom’s LiveTrack 12:
https://www.zoom-na.com/products/produc ... etrak-l-12
I have had an eye on it.

Okay Man, good luck! Hope you got/enjoyed my novel! ha

Best,
NT