condensing tracks from several folders into a single folder

Discuss working with MultitrackStudio.
valiant

condensing tracks from several folders into a single folder

Post by valiant »

I have done a silly thing. I've recorded a tune (Tequila) but accidentally got the parts in different folders. I clearly wasn't paying attention when I saved my recording over the different days, but what I've got is all the later tracks and versions in the Tequila folder but all the earlier ones got stored in four folders, called Song 1, Song 2, Song 3 and Song 4. At the moment, everything plays perfectly but I have to have all these separate folders. How do I get all the tracks into a single folder? I don't think I can just copy and paste from Song 1 folder, for instance, into the Tequila folder, because links get overwritten. Or do they not?
cidbil

Re: condensing tracks from several folders into a single folder

Post by cidbil »

I'm pretty sure you can move all the tracks into one folder, what will happen though, is when you open the song, MTS will ask you to locate all those parts. It's a pretty easy process. I've done this many times, and once the files have been found, MTS will now know where to look. HTH
valiant

Post by valiant »

Well, fortunately I made a copy of the original Tequila folder, Tequila2! As you suggested, I copied over the files from Song 1..Song 4 folders into it but I got the message that some files were named the same. Did I want to keep both or replace? I chose to keep both. After closing down and opening up again, yes, I was asked did I want to browse for this and that file. I chose accordingly but somehow, the result was a mix of tracks that was slightly different from how they were in the ORIGINAL Tequila folder!!! I think it was all down to that "keep both or replace". But not to worry, I still have that original folder and I haven't lost anything.
Support

Post by Support »

You can export the song (via Song-->Export-->Export Song) to a zip file. If you import this file (via Song-->Import Song) you'll get a new folder with all required files.

Giel Bremmers
valiant

Post by valiant »

Yes, that worked ! Thank you very much Giel.