Effect slot changed. Only one present.

Discuss working with MultitrackStudio.
dea

Effect slot changed. Only one present.

Post by dea »

I have 3 effects present in settings. Yet, when I create a new song and import a midi file I only get one. When I add a midi effect, it puts it in front and won't let me move it behind the original, i.e. Adds EQ in front and won't let me put it after the instrument.

I installed version 9.7 to see if it would go away.

Somehow I did something and I don't know what that was.

Just added that I had a Windows 10 the day before I noticed this. I'm suspicious!

Any ideas?
dea

Re: Effect slot changed. Only one present.

Post by dea »

Clarifying:

MTS 9.7.1
Windows 10
A Windows10 update occured yesterday. I didn't see if it occured before the update becuase I hadn't used MTS for a month or so.
When I select ASIO I cannot seem to play anything. Doesn't matter how I populate the Devices, even if I had not changed it and that it worked before, it just stopped.

Let me know what else I can send.

I know this isn't MTS. MTS has worked flawlessly for years. No hitches. Any issues were easily identified and addressed. This time, I'm not gettin it.
Support

Post by Support »

dea wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 7:04 pm I have 3 effects present in settings. Yet, when I create a new song and import a midi file I only get one.
This would happen if the MIDI track's instrument slot contains an External MIDI Instrument. There can't be audio effects in this case because it's all MIDI.

Giel Bremmers
dea

Post by dea »

Thank you for your response. Still not understaning what happened.

I decided to create a new project and add an empty MIDI track. After I did that, I ended up with a MIDI track containing the single effect slot named "Ext1".
I thought my VST folder was not referenced correctly in the settings, but it looked aok.

Up to yesterday, I've always recieved 3 empty effect slots when creating a new empty midi track.
Up to yesterday, I've imported 100s of MIDIs into MTS and also always always always ended up with 3 effect slots with the default instrument.
dea

Post by dea »

Thank you. I figured out how to get rid of the "Ext1", by going in and selecting an MTS instrument.

I'm still confused why it's now defauting to use an "Ext1" instead of what it has been defaulting too ( whatever that was ) for years. This is the part where I need to know if I hit a setting or something that fouled this up.

Thanks for the help.
dea

Post by dea »

Found it!!!

And it was me. I inadvertently hit the default instrument setting. I knew it had to be me n my 8 thumbs.

Thank you for letting me talk this through.

I was feeling serious anxiety with the thought of not being able to use MTS anymore! Yikes! I evaluated 8, 9, maybe 10 apps before I found MTS.

Ok...I'm going to donate RIGHT NOW!!

Thank you! Thank you!!

Long Live MultitrackStudio!!!
Support

Post by Support »

dea wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:36 pmOk...I'm going to donate RIGHT NOW!!
Thank you very much! :-)

Giel Bremmers