Auto save time duration set?

Discuss working with MultitrackStudio.
uncle808us

Auto save time duration set?

Post by uncle808us »

Where is the place to set the time between auto saves? I don't see it in the preferences.
Thanks (Mac Desktop)
I don't see any versions being served every 15 mins as the manual says. why am I not getting any safety saved versions, I really needed one the other day and the versions were empty this can't be right. I lost a lot of work. This happen after a crash ( involving the play back button in the control strip {big arrow}.MTS crashes are rare but they do happen now and then.
When they do I need a backup version which according to the manual should happen every 15 minutes after the first save but that is not happening.
Mac Desktop, MTS ver 9.7.1
PS the auto save is working but once MTS is closed and restarted the saved version is gone which does not help for recovery.
Support

Re: Auto save time duration set?

Post by Support »

I'm sorry to hear that.
uncle808us wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 12:59 am Where is the place to set the time between auto saves? I don't see it in the preferences.
There's no setting, it's always 15 minutes. The auto save version is created when transport stops (and 15 minutes have passed since the last time the auto save version was updated).

Autosave versions aren't created if there's no .hdr file yet. This can happen it you start MTS and start adding tracks right away, without using Song-->New.

Song-->Properties-->Cleanup will delete the autosave version.
uncle808us wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 12:59 am PS the auto save is working but once MTS is closed and restarted the saved version is gone which does not help for recovery.
I don't see that. The auto save version is still there after restarting MTS.

I'll look into this. It seems to be working OK at first sight.

Giel Bremmers
uncle808us

Re: Auto save time duration set?

Post by uncle808us »

After MTS says there is a auto saved version. then if I close MTS then reopen it there are no versions in the versions list. I don't know what else I can say.Thanks