Help editing notes in a MIDI track?

Discuss working with MultitrackStudio.
aconfusedchiddler

Help editing notes in a MIDI track?

Post by aconfusedchiddler »

Hi, I'm new to this whole forum thing but I've been trying to figure this out for a while and I'm hoping that someone could help. I am currently working on an arrangement of a song on MultitrackStudio, and I'm making some adjustments to the notes to ensure that they are played at exactly the right time (I'm using a MIDI keyboard). I have been using the 'select notes' tool to do this. However, for some reason, I opened up the program again today to carry on and the button to be able to change the mode has disappeared? Here's a screenshot of what I mean:

As you can see, there are normally three buttons in the bottom right hand corner to differentiate between the 'select part', 'select notes' and 'add notes' modes. But on mine, these have disappeared. I have tried everything I can think of to get it back, but I still haven't managed to figure out how to select individual notes and adjust them.
(Note: I have also tried changing the default mode to 'select notes', and even this doesn't work.

Thanks in advance, I hope I can get this sorted!
Support

Re: Help editing notes in a MIDI track?

Post by Support »

You've switched to touchscreen mode. Go to Studio-->Preferences and set Input Device to 'Mouse, Keyboard'.

Giel Bremmers
aconfusedchiddler

Post by aconfusedchiddler »

Oh my goodness, thank you! That worked, and I'm back to normal. Thanks again
LeftyChris

Post by LeftyChris »

Support wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:49 pm You've switched to touchscreen mode. Go to Studio-->Preferences and set Input Device to 'Mouse, Keyboard'.

Giel Bremmers
There is a touchscreen mode? I know that Google Chromebooks feature a touch-sensitive screen, but I didn’t realize other computers did. I am pretty sure Macs don’t, so is this a feature of MultitrackStudio for Windows?
Support

Post by Support »

LeftyChris wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:18 pm There is a touchscreen mode? I know that Google Chromebooks feature a touch-sensitive screen, but I didn’t realize other computers did. I am pretty sure Macs don’t, so is this a feature of MultitrackStudio for Windows?
It's in the Windows version since 2009. Windows 7 introduced multi-touch support at that time.

Giel Bremmers
LeftyChris

Post by LeftyChris »

Support wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:10 am
LeftyChris wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:18 pm There is a touchscreen mode? I know that Google Chromebooks feature a touch-sensitive screen, but I didn’t realize other computers did. I am pretty sure Macs don’t, so is this a feature of MultitrackStudio for Windows?
It's in the Windows version since 2009. Windows 7 introduced multi-touch support at that time.

Giel Bremmers
Wow, I had no idea. I guess I’ve been using Macs for a really long time!