Routing to monitor a "Virtual Mix Room" in Practice Mode?

Discuss working with MultitrackStudio.
Saz

Routing to monitor a "Virtual Mix Room" in Practice Mode?

Post by Saz »

I've been trying out a few headphone virtual mix room softwares (Realphones and Waves NX Ocean Way) and am impressed with mixing results, having an extra "reference". These softwares are placed on the last slot of the master buss and that works fine for mixing, but so far I haven't been able to wrap my head around(a lot going on) a way to use them(soft monitoring) in practice or "jamming" mode.

Any help/suggestions are much appreciated!
Support

Re: Routing to monitor a "Virtual Mix Room" in Practice Mode?

Post by Support »

You can put in the the last slot of the track itself.

Giel Bremmers
Saz

Post by Saz »

Support wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 8:41 pm You can put in the the last slot of the track itself.

Giel Bremmers
I've done that with the Waves NX, but it only affects that track - which is nice - but I'd like to be able to affect the whole mix. It's so nice to use headphones for the isolation factor, but these softwares take that a step farther and put you in the room/mix much like speakers do. For me it has made playing more enjoyable with headphones and easier to get "into the moment".

Note - Besides being a VST plugin, Realphones can be installed as an actual audio device allowing everything to run through it, but I prefer the Waves NX and it's only a plugin.

Asking too much? :)
Support

Post by Support »

You can use two instances of the plugin, one in the Master and one in the track. The on in the track is to be used for live playing only, you should bypass it when you're going to play the track back.

Giel Bremmers
Saz

Post by Saz »

Thanks so much, Giel! That works great! 8)

You the man!