mysterious change in song length

Discuss working with MultitrackStudio.
simeon psimian

mysterious change in song length

Post by simeon psimian »

hello. been away for a while but i seem to be back. so....what happens when you record something on a laptop/tablet type thingy via a usb device, then mix it down on without the device, then add a track via the usb device, do a quick mixdown without, then do the same again a couple more times, and the tabtop laplet thingy's soundcard has a different sample rate to the usb device?
Support

Re: mysterious change in song length

Post by Support »

If there's a 44100/48000 Hz issue you should hear the pitch change by about 2 semitones. Is that the case?

Giel Bremmers
simeon psimian

Post by simeon psimian »

I didn't notice that happening, but I got an unmistakable change in speed and length, seemingly depending on which device is applied for sound in and out when I press the MTS mix down button
simeon psimian

Post by simeon psimian »

Now that you've alerted me to it I think the pitch difference might be there too but it's hard for me to hold the pitch in my head as I switch from one mix to the other
simeon psimian

Post by simeon psimian »

Ok I'm getting more and more convinced I can hear the pitch switch too now
Support

Post by Support »

Looks like one of the devices won't operate at 44.1 kHz. You can try recording 48 kHz. This is a setting in Song --> Song Properties. There should be no problem if both devices support 48 kHz.

Giel Bremmers