mp3 file not playing back in MTS at the right speed

Discuss working with MultitrackStudio.
valiant

mp3 file not playing back in MTS at the right speed

Post by valiant »

Here's a strange thing I'd not noticed before. I transferred a vinyl track from LP to computer and it plays back on the computer as an MP3 correctly, in key G, just as on the LP. When I load that MP3 into MTS ("import audio/midi file"), it plays in key F, two semitones down!
I've just done a simple test timing between two points in the tune (from the start to a significant point halfway through) and found that indeed, the MTS playback is a few seconds slower compared to the original. That fits, slower playback means drop in key.
Yet when I open up MTS, the varispeed knob is always at the default position, zero. I've not heard before of MTS not playing audio files back correctly, so have I accidentally done something to my version of MTS, like changed an internal setting?

PS. If all else fails, I know I can correct for key (ie, playback speed) in Audacity, for example, but it's a trial-and-error process. I'd rather just use MTS without such corrections!
Support

Re: mp3 file not playing back in MTS at the right speed

Post by Support »

You mp3 file has 48 kHz samplerate, while the MTS song has 44.1 kHz.

I think MTS will propose to solve this issue if you use Add Track --> Import audio/midi file. It probably doesn't if you open a file in a track yourself.

> PS. If all else fails, I know I can correct for key (ie, playback speed) in Audacity

There's a samplerate converter in Studio --> Tools.

Giel Bremmers