Garbled MIDI Playback and Lag

Discuss working with MultitrackStudio.
aprilwine

Garbled MIDI Playback and Lag

Post by aprilwine »

I just bought a smoking fast powerful new laptop that should have no trouble running anything. I installed MTStudio and recorded a simple little MIDI piano track to play back using the default Acoustic Grand Piano MTSi instrument. When I play it back using the Windows Vista driver, the sound is staticky, garbled, and completely distorted (so are audio tracks). When I try the ASIO driver, it plays back fine, but then I noticed when recording a second track that there's like 1/4 second of lag between hitting a key and it being recorded, so I can't record two tracks in sync with one another. How do I make this work?
André Giroux

Re: Garbled MIDI Playback and Lag

Post by André Giroux »

Sounds like the buffering is set to high. With ASIO I set the buffer at 128 to 256 max. Anymore than 256 you’ll start to get latency.
Hope that’s it and resolves your latency issue
Support

Post by Support »

aprilwine wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 5:10 am When I play it back using the Windows Vista driver
What version of MultitrackStudio do you use on your smoking fast powerful new laptop?
'vista' was removed from the driverset name in 2014...

Giel Bremmers
aprilwine

Post by aprilwine »

André Giroux wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 6:02 am Sounds like the buffering is set to high. With ASIO I set the buffer at 128 to 256 max. Anymore than 256 you’ll start to get latency.
Hope that’s it and resolves your latency issue
Buffer size on ASIO is 10ms.
aprilwine

Post by aprilwine »

Support wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 12:13 pm What version of MultitrackStudio do you use on your smoking fast powerful new laptop?
'vista' was removed from the driverset name in 2014...
Version 10.0. The name of the driver is Windows but the description mentions Vista.
Support

Post by Support »

Of course. Sorry, my bad :oops:

What audio device are you using? Is its driver up to date?

Giel Bremmers
aprilwine

Post by aprilwine »

It says Realtek (R) Audio, and the drivers are up-to-date.
Support

Post by Support »

Please switch to the Windows driver type, and make sure the correct devices are selected. Then send a report (see https://www.multitrackstudio.com/contact.php), so I can see the settings.

Giel Bremmers