Moved the Song folder! Now I'm in trouble...

Discuss working with MultitrackStudio.
uncle808us

Moved the Song folder! Now I'm in trouble...

Post by uncle808us »

I have had this happen before and I can not figure out a solution an easy one at least.
I saved my song on my HD, now I want that folder in a different location, so I move it .
Now when I try to open the file in MTS it tells me things are missing.(mid this and that).
I can go into more detail if needed and my memory works.
How can I get this file to open from the new location everything is there but MTS does not see it.
I'm trying to open from the Recent songs menu at the bottom of the Song menu.
I know this question as many of my questions may not make any sense.
If there is something you do not understand in my question Please ask and I will try to clarify.
Thanks.
Support

Re: Moved the Song folder! Now I'm in trouble...

Post by Support »

uncle808us wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:11 am I'm trying to open from the Recent songs menu at the bottom of the Song menu.
If a song is really moved you have to use Song-->Open to open it. It will no longer appear in the 'recent' list because the files are gone.
uncle808us wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:11 am Now when I try to open the file in MTS it tells me things are missing.(mid this and that).
You moved the MIDI files, but you didn't move the .hdr file.

Do you ever click a track's file name box and use the 'Open' option? This opens an audio or MIDI file without copying it to the song folder(the song folder is the folder that contains the .hdr file).

Add Track-->Import Audio or MIDI file is the safe way to import audio/MIDI files. This will make sure the files are copied to the song folder. If all files are in the song folder you can move the folder without problems.

You can solve the problem like this:
- move the folder back to where it was.
- open the song.
- use Song-->Export-->Export song. Now you have a .zip file containing all files.
- use Song-->Import song.

Giel Bremmers