Pattern Presets per song, and quick pattern painting

Discuss working with MultitrackStudio.
SunCrushr

Pattern Presets per song, and quick pattern painting

Post by SunCrushr »

Hi,
I'm new to MultitrackStudio, and I've been using it on Windows and on the iPad. I am loving this software so far, but there's a couple features I think would be great if they were added:

1. Any patterns created in the song should be automatically be treated as per-song presets. These would be added to the pattern preset menu, under a section called "Song Presets", or "Song Patterns". You could still save them separately as global user presets if you like. This would require very few changes to how the pattern presets system works, but would give us per-song presets, which would be fantastic! I know that there's some logistics to work out on storing them with the songs.

2. Drag and drop from the pattern presets menu works great, but it would be even cooler if you could just click on a preset to select it in the drop down, and then when in notes add mode, clicking in the pattern bar would automatically paste a linked copy of that pattern where you clicked. You could even click and drag to paint multiple copies of the pattern in a row. You could even separate this out into a pattern add mode if needed, which might best, especially considering touchscreens. I'd also say that selecting a pattern in the pattern bar should automatically select that pattern as the one that will be painted, giving us a very quick way to select a pattern and copy it elsewhere in two clicks. I've used FLStudio in the past, and this is sort of how it works when painting patterns into its playlist. I know we have the repeat option, which is also great, but adding these features would make for an even faster writing workflow.

Thanks for your time!
-Rob
Support

Re: Pattern Presets per song, and quick pattern painting

Post by Support »

Thanks, I'll look into that.

Giel Bremmers
SunCrushr

Re: Pattern Presets per song, and quick pattern painting

Post by SunCrushr »

Giel,
Wow, thanks for the quick reply, and for considering the features I asked about. This is quickly becoming my goto DAW for sketching music on the iPad and in Windows hands down, especially for pieces I start on the iPad and transition to Windows.
I went ahead and grabbed the in app purchase upgrade on my iPad, and I bought MultitrackStudio Pro on the PC, because you deserve the money for your wonderful work. I'm going to start trying to write full tracks in it now.
One more thing I thought of was this: If we could get some sort of pattern workflow for the automation section, that would be awesome too. You'd have to have each automation pattern be for a specific automated parameter of course, and only show the patterns for it when editing that specific parameter, so I realize that would be more complex than the note pattern system. Just another idea though. Keep up the good work!
-Rob