transpose

Discuss working with MultitrackStudio.
rsrockinron

transpose

Post by rsrockinron »

When transposing a wave file using select all > edit > transpose .... as soon as I click on the down 1 semi tone, it immediately starts transposing without clicking the okay button. Transpose comes out alright but say I want to transpose down 2 semi tones I have to repeat the above process again. Is this a glitch in the program. If I manually type in 2.00 semi tones it wont transpose until I click okay. I can deal with typing in the 2.00 but I dont remember having to do that in older versions.
André Giroux

Re: transpose

Post by André Giroux »

That’s how it works. For myself I find it convenient for when I want to tunes a note that is out and the person is not around to redo the take. I select the note start cycle and adjust a semitone at a time till it’s where I want it.
:D
Support

Post by Support »

rsrockinron wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 7:24 am When transposing a wave file using select all > edit > transpose .... as soon as I click on the down 1 semi tone, it immediately starts transposing without clicking the okay button. Transpose comes out alright but say I want to transpose down 2 semi tones I have to repeat the above process again.
You don't have to wait for it to finish after the first 'down' click. You can keep clicking and it will just start over again automatically.

It has become fully interactive some time ago. If you move the Volume slider you can see the audio graph update, for example.

Giel Bremmers
rsrockinron

Post by rsrockinron »

Thanks for the quick response. I usually only have to drop down one only for guitar players that want to practice to the original key. Those pesky singers always want guitars to drop tune and the guitar players hate tuning. Doesn't bother me being a keyboard player with transpose button