I really Like the 10.3 changes

Discuss working with MultitrackStudio.
uncle808us

I really Like the 10.3 changes

Post by uncle808us »

@Giel:
I really like the new looks and functions of the update. and I especially like that it still works fine on my old 10.11 Mac OS. I'm so glad you haven't dumped us older operating system guys, I just can't afford a new Mac.
Where do I sent my donation of $10.00 well worth it and happy to help keep you going. At least buy you a beverage. :D
Saz

Re: I really Like the 10.3 changes

Post by Saz »

Yeah - and thanks for doing your bit to aid the dementia-prone, with new memory exercises = changes to keyboard shortcuts and mouse modifiers. :roll: :P :)

Seriously, excellent improvements all around! Thanks!
Support

Post by Support »

uncle808us wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 2:37 am Where do I sent my donation of $10.00 well worth it and happy to help keep you going. At least buy you a beverage. :D
https://multitrackstudio.com/donate.php :D

Giel Bremmers
uncle808us

Post by uncle808us »

On the way. Thanks again for your hard work and dedication.
Support

Post by Support »

Thanks very much :D

Giel Bremmers
K-N-M

Post by K-N-M »

“Overview Bar and Grid Bar: Removed the 'click-and-drag' way of loop region selection (nobody liked it).”

How is it known that nobody liked it? I used this every project and now it is gone. I actually reverted back to 10.2 because I just don’t like these changes. Instead of removing features, can’t there be a menu to toggle it on and off, like in the preferences?

Meter location. Was this really needed? It put in in between the record / play buttons and track level, just don’t like it and seems like an unnecessary change for the sake of change. Also not a fan of the new overall look, though that wasn’t that big of an issue, but wish this could have been a skin / theme to choose.

Keyboard shortcuts, fine, okay, but the meter location seems just wrong, and I liked the click and drag for quick looping / changing loop points fast. You get use to something that just works great, and then it changes in a way that is different, but not necessarily better workflow. Bug fixes are great, added features are usually great too, but...

I’m usually excited for updates / possible new features added, and you have done some amazing updates over the years. The main reason I have stuck with MTS is it hasn’t really changed in appearance / function, just has gotten more features over the years. I first started using the demo version in 2005 – 2006, so have used it for a long time, I mean yeah some changes over the years, but it's been really good in recent years.

Sorry I'm not over excited, just some changes that didn't seem needed. I appreciate you still trying to keep this software going / up to date, but why can't some changes be optional in the preference menu, then we can pick how we want to use it? Yes I know, this is easier said than done. :lol:
Support

Post by Support »

You can change the meter location in Preferences. First, set Layout to 'Custom', then switch off 'Meter Left'. Please see https://www.multitrackstudio.com/preference.php

Note that you can draw the looping region if you press the Alt key (or the L key). I think that's actually faster than click-and-drag, as you don't have to move the thumb to the right position first.

Giel Bremmers
K-N-M

Post by K-N-M »

Thank you for the info on the meter location, I just reinstalled 10.3 and that fixes that perfectly. I use some keyboard shortcuts, but still think the click to drag was much better and faster, for me at least, to each their own I guess. For the time being I’ll stick with 10.2 until I see an update I just have to have.

Thanks again for the info.