Switching from PC to Mac

Discuss working with MultitrackStudio.
Ladegn

Switching from PC to Mac

Post by Ladegn »

Hello to All:

It has been awhile since I have been on this site.

I tried to do a search, but it appears the terms, "Mac", "PC" and "Windows" are used quite often (understandably so), thus my attempt to search posts before making a post myself did not go too well.

It looks like I will be making the change from a Windows 64-bit PC to Mac. Have any of you done the same?

My question: What is the best way to transfer the work files (all files created by MTS, which are stored on my pc) to the new Mac?

I don't know this will work or not. Obviously, I can transfer wave and MIDI files, but I was wondering about the header files (I think that is the term) where all the track information (mix, effects, level) would be stored. Trying to make the transition as seamless as possible. Having never had a MAC, this stuff is all new to me.

I know where the vst plug-ins are stored on my PC, etc., but have no idea on the MAC.

If there is another post or area where this has been discussed, please refer me to that.

Thanks and have a great day!

Fred
Support

Re: Switching from PC to Mac

Post by Support »

Song --> Export --> Export Song creates a .zip file, and Song --> Import Song imports it again.
This is the best way to move songs between Windows, Mac and iPad.

Giel Bremmers
Ladegn

Re: Switching from PC to Mac

Post by Ladegn »

Thanks, Giel!

Fred