REQ: Accept midi extension for drag/drop

Discuss working with MultitrackStudio.
MisplacedDevelopment

REQ: Accept midi extension for drag/drop

Post by MisplacedDevelopment »

I have been trying out the new Apple Universal Control feature where you can drag app data between iPad and the Mac. Someone on the Audiobus forum demonstrated a nice workflow where Suggester was used to drag chord progressions onto the native iPad MTS so I thought I would see if it worked using Universal Control - drag a chord from Suggester on iOS to MTS on the desktop. Unfortunately it did not work but dragging the chord onto the Mac desktop did leave a MIDI file named *.midi. I thought I would be able to drag this onto an MTS track but that did not work either. I found that renaming the file to *.mid did work, so it seems that MTS does not like the *.midi extension.

Would it be possible to tweak things so that *.midi files are also accepted for drag/drop?

As an aside, it would be kind of cool if there was some extra synergy between iOS and desktop MTS when using Universal Control, something like being able to share the audio/MIDI clipboard between apps or being able to drag selected data between them.

Thanks.
Support

Re: REQ: Accept midi extension for drag/drop

Post by Support »

MisplacedDevelopment wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 11:48 am As an aside, it would be kind of cool if there was some extra synergy between iOS and desktop MTS when using Universal Control, something like being able to share the audio/MIDI clipboard between apps or being able to drag selected data between them.
Those are intriguing ideas for sure.

Giel Bremmers