MultitrackStudio and EZdrummer 3

Discuss working with MultitrackStudio.
Saz

MultitrackStudio and EZdrummer 3

Post by Saz »

Toontrack is releasing EZdrummer 3 on May 3 and it looks to be a nice upgrade from EZdrummer 2, with a lot of improvements. EZdrummer 2 works fine on my MTS version, but I'm a little hesitant to upgrade because of the "unproven new things".

There's not a "demo" and MTS isn't listed on their approved list of DAW hosts. But on their site, they mention about it working or not... "If unsure, we recommend that you investigate with the respective manufacturer what limitations may exist in their environment. If your host is not listed it means that we have not tested it. It may still work but a prerequisite is that the host supports VST3, AU or AAX instruments."

Is there anything "hidden" or obvious, to suggest that MultitrackStudio would have problems with EZdrummer 3?
Support

Re: MultitrackStudio and EZdrummer 3

Post by Support »

I don't see any problems. I guess I should recommend you ask the plugin vendor to try their product with the free demo version of MultitrackStudio, as they're the only ones who can try this without spending any money ;-)

Giel Bremmers
Saz

Post by Saz »

That's an excellent idea, Giel! Will do!

I'll also point them to this thread.
Saz

Post by Saz »

Update on EZ Drummer 3 and MTS

As per Giel's suggestion, Toontrack did try EZD3 with the MultitrackStudio demo and reported back to me that it loaded fine with no crashes. Still, they wouldn't recommend using EZD3 with MTS, since they didn't try all the features and because MTS wasn't involved in the development and testing phases.

Thinking I could always just use the standalone EZD3 for all the cool new features, I decided to throw caution to the wind and bought the upgrade from EZD2. I'm very happy that I did. While I haven't tried all the features with MTS yet, I've tried the most important ones and they all work fine.

EZ Drummer 3 is awesome software. The sounds are great and the features are second-to-none for its price. Especially the "Bandmate" feature, where you drag and drop an audio file of your song(sans drums of course) and Bandmate uses AI to find drum grooves to fit it. It works very well!

There's just too many nice features to describe here, but if you're in need of excellent drum software that works well with MultitrackStudio, head over to https://www.toontrack.com/product/ezdrummer-3/ and spend a few minutes. Bet you'll be glad you did.
Support

Post by Support »

Glad to hear it works. Thanks for keeping us posted!

Giel Bremmers
Saz

Post by Saz »

Support wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 5:51 pm Glad to hear it works. Thanks for keeping us posted!

Giel Bremmers
My pleasure!

I wrote to Toontrack to tell them what I found so far, and they replied...
Glad to hear that it is working for you! Please do let us know if you encounter any issues and we'll try to help.

Best Regards,

Toontrack Music
Nice having companies like Bremmers Audio Design and Toontrack having your back!