Plugins randomly not loading

Discuss working with MultitrackStudio.
scot ansgeulaiche

Plugins randomly not loading

Post by scot ansgeulaiche »

I'm using MTS for Mac 10.4.1
I have a few plugins that are behaving oddly in terms of loading.

1. Bertom Denoiser, latest version 2.1 (x64) from 2022
2. An old plugin called Filther.
3. A 2013 plugin called Pico Quiet VST3

I am on OSX 10.11.6 El capitan (which is as far as I can upgrade my old Mac)

I'll try to describe the symptoms because they are not consistent. It seems that upon a reboot of MTS, the situation changes.

The Bertom plugin is installing itself as both VST3 and AU units from a fresh download. They show up in Plugin Manager.
If I load the AU into a slot I get the error message Cannot load the AU plugin Denoiser.
However the VST3 version simply won't load, with no error message. The plugin selector window simply closes returning me to the main screen with the effect slot empty, or if it was filled with another effect before choosing Bertom, then this effect is still loaded.

The same no-load-no-error applies to the VST3 plugin PicoQuiet.

These symptoms happen in a new, empty song or in one that has already recorded tracks.

Today, I then went through and deleted various plugins that were not loading, assuming them to be too old to run. At some point in this process, Bertom plugin DID load, without errors.
In that same session of MTS, I was able to load Filther, which I had not been able to do for a while.

I closed MTS and restarted. Bertom is not loading again.

Here's the thing, I would just delete the Bertom plugin and assume that it was in some way not compatible with MTS, BUT IT HAS LOADED TODAY TWICE (both AU and VST3), and I can't work out what I am doing that clears the problem.

Any ideas?
Support

Re: Plugins randomly not loading

Post by Support »

I don't know.

I tried Bertom Denoiser in Al Capitan, and both the AU and VST3 version load fine the first time I try.

GIel Bremmers.
scot ansgeulaiche

Today they are loading fine. I can't think what I might have changed...
I WILL follow up if I get any better data.
Thanks Geil
Scot
scot ansgeulaiche

Update: I have shut down MTS and re-run it. The plugin Bertom is not loading again.
This seems a strange observation, but when it DID load, MTS had been running for many hours. Is there something that could "settle down" in MTS after a while? I know it seems like a daft suggestion.
My CPU is at 10-12% activity when I request the plugin to load.
In all instances, I am loading existing songs with the plugin already present and also new loadings of the plugin into new and existing songs. Sometimes it loads, but mostly it doesn't (and in the case of an existing song I get the error message that one plugin can't be loaded and will be replaced with MISS)
Scot