Can't find audio for the audio tracks in a project.

Discuss working with MultitrackStudio.
K-N-M

Can't find audio for the audio tracks in a project.

Post by K-N-M »

So what happened to my project here.

Last I recall doing was raising the tempo, which included MIDI and Audio tracks, and all was well where I left off with it maybe a day or two ago. I open the project today, and it can’t find any of the audio files in the audio tracks, none of them. Was drum samples I cut / pasted where I wanted them / edited them as I usually do.

I did not go into any folders to change anything, I did not move any samples from the folder I store them in, I did not do any “clean up”.

I don’t even think my PC was powered off since last having that project opened. I did just try rebooting, but left with the same problem.

Each audio track with the samples loaded show the name in the name box, all effects slots are still loaded with effects, but no audio in any of those tracks editors anymore. All the MIDI tracks are there and still play fine.

Only thing with this project I have done different than all of my others, is I changed the tempo, which included both the MIDI and audio files, which I rarely do, if ever, as it takes a while for the audio files to change. It worked and played perfectly after this, but not today when loading that song.

My other projects are fine as far as I can tell.

Not really an issue losing this project, but would like to avoid this in the future if possible? I can go into that "song's folder", Song 104 in this case, and find edited audio tracks that play audio where they are supposed to, so I can probably insert / import those into the tracks and get it back roughly where it was, but again, how can I avoid this happening again. I'm not sure where I went wrong.

This is what it says when loading the project, I only show one here, but I have to click no for each, does this for every audio track.

Support

Re: Can't find audio for the audio tracks in a project.

Post by Support »

I can't reproduce the problem by using the tempo editor for audio tracks. Perhaps it depends on things I didn't try, or something else entirely happened.

Do you still have these .aem files? I'd be interested in seeing one of them, perhaps there's something interesting in there. You can send it to support@multitrackstudio.com

I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

Giel Bremmers