Duration of new note gets hung up.

Discuss working with MultitrackStudio.
uncle808us

Duration of new note gets hung up.

Post by uncle808us »

I use the score editor a lot for composing melodies and counterpoints.
I am always using the number keys 1-5 for duration changes but now and then very unpredictably the duration's get hung up and only a restart of MTS fixes it. You can probably imagine how this halts the work flow.
Giel said it was because it thinks I'm holding the 3 key. it is still frustrating.
Is there going to be a fix for this? I for one hope so.
I don't like having to stop the flow and restart the program.
also living in fear of not knowing when it will happen.
I want to change that note to a quarter note I hope it doesn't freeze up the duration.
uncle808us

Re: Duration of new note gets hung up.

Post by uncle808us »

OK I tried using the shortcut command "D" to change the durations.
But it locked up again and it affects the "D" Shortcut and the duration drop down box.
I think it may have something to do with choosing the quater note and adding the "A" shortcut for a dotted quater. It seemed to happen after this combination. I'm not sure but suspect, since it seems to happen after this combination of changing the duration to a quarter note then adding the dot "A" shortcut for a dotted note. Can't reproduce it and it only happens at diffrent times I will keep muddleing on..and try to notice when it happens it has happen twice today.
Support

Post by Support »

Do you have any hardware or software that can act like a keyboard? A tablet with some buttons, for example. Or assistive software of some kind.

Giel Bremmers
uncle808us

Post by uncle808us »

A tablet a Wacom One no buttons switch for “right click”. That is it.
uncle808us

Post by uncle808us »

I'm watching what I do to cause this and so far I have my tablet(Wacom-One drivers up to date) turned off.
I am only entering and changing duration values with the mouse. I have used MTS all day and so far have not had a problem.
It is not proof yet I will continue to use it with only a mouse for a length of time and see if it happens. Then I will go with the tablet.
Hopefully this will get me close to what is causing it.
I hope it is not the tablet because I prefer using it. But I must compose.
uncle808us

Post by uncle808us »

OK first day using the Wacom One tablet "all drivers up to date." about 3 hours in the durations locked up so I'm suspecting the problem is with using the pen.
This is very unfortunate because it is my preferred way of score entry.
I hope this can be fixed.
As far as I know this may be the problem.
I used the mouse(wired) for about a week with no lock up.
3 or so hours in with the pen and lock up.