Phantom files in song folder

Discuss working with MultitrackStudio.
bobnccc

Phantom files in song folder

Post by bobnccc »

So, I have been using MultitrackStudio Standard as a scratch pad just for putting together song ideas (at this point) and I am brand new to it. So far, so good, but I have a really basic question: when I open this first song that I have been working on, the folder is filled with gray, unselectable stuff, which I'm pretty sure represents each take on each track that I have done with this song. Can I just delete these, or will this cause some unforeseen problem? Every time I open the song I have to scroll through an increasingly long list.

Thanks!
Support

Re: Phantom files in song folder

Post by Support »

Don't delete files yourself. They're the audio/MIDI data, so there'll be nothing left if you delete them.

When you've finished a song you can go to Song-->Properties and use the Clean Up button to remove files that have become redundant. See the "Clean up Song Folder" paragraph at https://multitrackstudio.com/songproperties.php

Note that your song appears at the bottom of the Song menu. No need to browse for the file yourself each time.

Giel Bremmers
bobnccc

Post by bobnccc »

Thank you so much. That is extremely helpful! All of my files, except for the click track, are audio files. Do these grey files contain anything?
Support

Post by Support »

bobnccc wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 6:23 amDo these grey files contain anything?
Most of them contain audio you've recorded or edited.

Giel Bremmers