Multi Midi editor question"copy staff to staff"

Discuss working with MultitrackStudio.
uncle808us

Multi Midi editor question"copy staff to staff"

Post by uncle808us »

Hi.
I am using the multi midi editor.
I have three staves I want to copy the phrase from the second staff to the third staff.(Same measure ).
I highlight the phrase in staff two and hit copy then I click on the third staff same measure and hit the paste button.
the phrase is copied back into staff two not staff three.
What am I missing here? Why is it not copying to staff three same measure?
Thank you.
MisplacedDevelopment

Re: Multi Midi editor question"copy staff to staff"

Post by MisplacedDevelopment »

I have hit this a few times as well. The default behaviour is to paste to the track which contains the notes. In most cases for me this is the desired behaviour as I normally want to repeat a section on the same track. For this scenario, I normally switch to the multi-MIDI piano roll and paste another copy to the next bar, then select the target track colour and hit the ‘move’ button. This puts the notes on the correct track and they just need to be moved back to the correct place in the score.
Support

Post by Support »

You can press the Option key and drag the notes. This copies the notes. On Windows it's the Ctrl key.

Note sure if Copy-Paste should allow copying to another stave in MultitrackStudio. That's tricky if you can't see which stave will receive the notes I think. And currently there's no way to highlight a stave.

Giel Bremmers
uncle808us

Post by uncle808us »

Thanks to you both Misplaced and Giel.