Lost

Discuss working with MultitrackStudio.
Journey2hvn

Lost

Post by Journey2hvn »

Hi everyone ... I have been using the pro-plus version and having some wonderful results for a few months now . Well I have no idea whats going on ... Lately everything is like slowed down ... even my vocals are like playing a 45 record and turning it to 33 ... the timing is way off and I have no idea what happened. When I record my vocals and listen back it like drops two keys down. I'd say maybe its something to do with my computer but everything else is normal. And nothings changed but the multitrack. Any suggestions ?
Gerald
Saz

Post by Saz »

Hi Gerald!

For starters - check that the sample rate of your soundcard matches that of your song settings. In MTS it's "Settings" under the "Song" menu.

A long shot maybe, but are you using XP and recently installed SP2?
Journey2hvn

Post by Journey2hvn »

Well .. I'm using the Tascam US-122 USB interface and I never had a problem before. You know how you open a track to record and it asks you to name the track well, after you hit open my computer would make a ding like sound and even the ding type sound is like in slow mode ... dropped two keys down.... Now when I do the same thing opening a file using something else on my computer the ding is normal :?:
Journey2hvn

Post by Journey2hvn »

Let me start off by saying I'm using karaoke mp3's for the music and I'm recording myself singing these mp3's. Well I did what you suggested and when I up'd the sample rate well it sounded like it fixed the problem my vocals were right on key then I added the karaoke mp3 to a track and the speed was chipmunk speed ... if ya know what I mean ! How do I get it where my vocals and the mp3 speed are normal. I've never had this problem before ...
snaarman

Post by snaarman »

Still sounds like a sample rate problem. However, here is another suggestion: Have you downloaded new drivers for the audio card recently??

BTW - I don't get a "ding" sound at all, but then I run XP in silent sounds mode, the computer does not make any sounds from email etc. I did this because it helped remove an occasional click I was getting when recording and playing tracks in MTS.

I suggest you get a list of your gear, the dates of the drivers etc and a detailed description of the problem, and email it to MTS support. I have found them prompt and very helpful (even when it was my fault, or when I forgot to "RTFM" ... )

Regards

P
Saz

Post by Saz »

Journey2hvn wrote:Let me start off by saying I'm using karaoke mp3's for the music and I'm recording myself singing these mp3's. Well I did what you suggested and when I up'd the sample rate well it sounded like it fixed the problem my vocals were right on key then I added the karaoke mp3 to a track and the speed was chipmunk speed ... if ya know what I mean ! How do I get it where my vocals and the mp3 speed are normal. I've never had this problem before ...
Several things to try...

First, I would convert the mp3's to wav format for use in MTS or any program for that matter, that records in wav format. You can download the free dBpowerAMP Music Converter (dMC) here... http://www.dbpoweramp.com/dmc.htm As it is, it will convert between wav and mp3 - you can download other codecs for converting wma and ape formats here... http://www.dbpoweramp.com/codec-central.htm

Second, you can use the "Sample Rate Converter" under tools in MTS to match the song to your soundcard.

Lastly, snaarman brings up a good point - kill the windows sound scheme. You can do other things to tweak your PC for best audio performance as well. For WinXP check this site... http://www.musicxp.net/

HTH,

John
Journey2hvn

Post by Journey2hvn »

Well I have it working now ... I fooled around with the sample rate and it's working. The only problem I'm having now is when I click on the record button it makes like a buzz sound and I press play and everything records well ... So, don't know what the buzz sound is when I click on the record button ... I recorded a song this morning and came out great..... So I can deal with the buzz sound .... lol
Gerald