freeware version

Discuss working with MultitrackStudio.
jturek2

freeware version

Post by jturek2 »

I created a .wav file named jimtest.wav. It shows on the first track. I opened it, but can't seemed to find a way to PLAY it simply. I played it after recorded, but not since.

I looked at the .pdf doco, but can't find how to play.

We are trying to record some great mexican traditional music from a microphone to cut a cd-r.
snaarman

Post by snaarman »

As far as I remember, the freeware demo works exactly the same as the full versions, so - click on the black filename box and select your wav file.

The name for the wav file should now appear in that box. There should be a little green speaker symbol next to it - this says it is recognised as a playable wav. If there is a red cross, then the file format was not recognised for some reason.

Press the space bar to play the track (or click on the play symbol, upper right of the screen). The time code counter should count up to show the track is playing.

If there is no sound, check that the "Play" button is green, and check that the "Mute" button is not illuminated :)

If there is still no sound, then you might need to check your soundcard connections and volume settings.

Final test, with the wav file loaded, click on the Edit button, and you should "see" the wav file laid out as a waveform across the screen. It it is flat-lined, then you have an empty file (!)

regards

Pete