re iterate

Discuss working with MultitrackStudio.
Robomusic

re iterate

Post by Robomusic »

Man i spelling is messed up!!

What i want to do is to import a prebuilt midi file from the internet, and run it thru a VSTI or DXi like sample tank or Edirols Virtual Sound Canvas, or a sound font player and assign patches, when i import the midi it goes into one file, how do you get it to split up into the individualtracks? Also where do you place the plug in to route the midi to it.

In cakewalk you open an audio track and add the instrument in as an fx and the assign the midi track to that output.

In N-Tracks , you go to the lpug in and open it and output the tracks to it

What do i do here.

Also on most other programs, you can switch midi outputs like using a softsynth or if you just want a quick output to listen to a song use a internal synth
snaarman

Post by snaarman »

This is one method. It may not be the best method.

Import the file. Click on the "edit" button and you get to see the track.
Click on "Show Stream" and you now see all the different instruments in the track.

Click on the buttons on the right side of the diaplay to select one instrument. Now you can "Select All", and "Copy". After that you can create a new midi track and "Paste" this instrument into the new track.

You repeat this for all the instruments, and finally you can delete the original imported track. Now you can place a vsti for each track (right click on one of the 3 black effects boxes and select your plugin)

Like I say, this might be a long way round. If in doubt, try emailing support at multitrask. They are very helpful :)

Pete
Saz

Post by Saz »

In the ProPlus version(not sure of other versions) use can use the "split stream" function to accomplish this.

From the MTS Help file - "Split Streams: (multiple stream MIDI track only). Splits the MIDI file in separate single-stream files, these new files will be loaded in new tracks."
snaarman

Post by snaarman »

Saz is right!

Load the multi stream file. You probably have to save the song at this point.
Now right click on the multi-stream midi file name box, and you get a drop down. On it there is "Split Stream". This gives you N new tracks, one for each stream... I just checked it and it works.

I knew there was a better way :)

PH