Mastering

Discuss working with MultitrackStudio.
axman

Mastering

Post by axman »

Okay, I did my first tune in MTS. In reading the help file on Mastering....I created a new track, calling it the master, but I saved it as a mp3. It sounded good, but my question for you "bad boys" out there with months of experience

is it better to save the (mix) master record track as a wave file and then use a wave to mp3 conversion or....... is saving the master track as an mp3 file just as good in sound quality, etc...???
Saz

Post by Saz »

Hey axman,

It's best to save your master at the best possible quality in wav format and convert from there. mp3's are not nearly as good. :wink:
axman

Post by axman »

Okay Saz, thanks for the response and glad I asked. Santa is bringing me a 40gig mp3 player for xmas....so that will give me a device to listen to some final products as I travel.

I finally dumped the Cubase LE I was using....it was giving me some glitches in recording, and began using MTS much more. It [Cubase] did show me how they setup each tune as a project and keep all the wave files in a folder [ which actually is stated in the MTS instructions as well]...so that if you are working on say 10 songs, it will not become unruly. MTS was able to import those Cubase wav files easily so no previous work was lost.