Sync anomoly

Discuss working with MultitrackStudio.
axman

Sync anomoly

Post by axman »

A fantasy title for a situation I discovered, while working with a tune having 6 instruments (bass/drums/flute/sax/piano/strings):

I have a tendency to do something and then read the instructions later...
What I noticed this weekend while working with MTS.....
If I continue to re-take (or record) the same track for a better rendition, the syncronization of that track in relation to the other instruments gets further delayed.

In comparison, if I do a retake (versus edit) of that track, it syncs better with the other instruments. I don't know whether that makes sense....
but I find IF I am going to re-record a certain track, it is better to start completely over (deleting the edits of that track) otherwise it does not sync up with the other tracks. Anyone else have any experience with this?
Saz

Re: Sync anomoly

Post by Saz »

axman wrote:If I continue to re-take (or record) the same track for a better rendition, the syncronization of that track in relation to the other instruments gets further delayed.

In comparison, if I do a retake (versus edit) of that track, it syncs better with the other instruments. I don't know whether that makes sense....
but I find IF I am going to re-record a certain track, it is better to start completely over (deleting the edits of that track) otherwise it does not sync up with the other tracks. Anyone else have any experience with this?
Don't know if you're doing it, but mixing wav and midi tracks could be the problem. I've never had that problem using "live" tracks recorded to wav. If I'm using midi tracks - which is rare - I'll render them to wav as soon as possible in the recording process.

It's my understanding that midi tracks timing can change in relation to wav tracks due to the not-absolutely-stabile internal clock workings of a PC.
SleggTheSockpuppet

Post by SleggTheSockpuppet »

saz sed:

axman wrote:
If I continue to re-take (or record) the same track for a better rendition, the syncronization of that track in relation to the other instruments gets further delayed.

Don't know if you're doing it, but mixing wav and midi tracks could be the problem. I've never had that problem using "live" tracks recorded to wav. If I'm using midi tracks - which is rare - I'll render them to wav as soon as possible in the recording process.

It's my understanding that midi tracks timing can change in relation to wav tracks due to the not-absolutely-stabile internal clock workings of a PC.
i'm not sure exactly what you mean but if what saz sez doesn't fix it you could try this:-

click"STUDIO" button at screen top

click "devices"

click "settings"

click "apply EMU blah blah ......" check-box at the bottom of that