I am really starting to

Discuss working with MultitrackStudio.
Robomusic

I am really starting to

Post by Robomusic »

get the hang off this program, I like it alot, I still love N-Tracks, but i find it seems to do some very wierd stuff at times, I was doing a midi to sound font project on N the other day and it keep boosting the volume on the fonts when I would rewind and start over, that made me have to adjust the volume every stinking time. It also kept hanging up on certain VSTi and the note would never stop I had to open the instrument and remove the sample and re-enter it. I stopped and open MTS and loaded the same midi file and used the same fonts in the sampler here, and i was done with the basic song and ready for vocals in 10 minutes, and the volume stay where i put it.

I have one question, how do you do volume and panning envelopes in MTS?
Saz

Re: I am really starting to

Post by Saz »

Robomusic wrote: I have one question, how do you do volume and panning envelopes in MTS?
With audio tracks, I use the automated fader effect for volume envelopes. Can't recall exactly how I've done panning envelopes and I'm not at my music PC at the moment. I'm thinking it was with the stereo effect and automated fader effect within that. I'll check it out later and post back.
Saz

Post by Saz »

OK - for panning envelopes on audio tracks, I had to jump through some hoops. Here's the drill in 2 ways...

1 - Was like I mentioned above - insert a "Stereo Effect" in a track effects slot and insert an Automated Fader effect(s) within the "Stereo Effect" slot(s).

2 - Open the edit window for a track, select the portion of the track you want to pan, then click the edit button on the far bottom left of the track window. This brings up the "Edit Control" where you can insert a "Stereo Effect" and pan however you like for that selected portion of the track.

Panning envelopes are very easy for midi tracks - just open the edit window, select the CONTR button, which brings up the "Midi Controller Editor" - hit the "Controllers" button, select "Pan" and you can select pan points and positions for the entire track.

It would be nice to have this feature for audio tracks as well! :wink: