New user here.............

Discuss working with MultitrackStudio.
Texas Heat

New user here.............

Post by Texas Heat »

First, great program! Kudos to the person who wrote it! Anyway, I just got the program last night and fooled around with it a bit. Wanted to record some guitar from home. After a 10-year hiatuses from playing, I got back into it! So all I have for equipment is an electric acoustic and microphone and this program! Need a preamp to get good recordings but that will come later! My question is.............can I play an audio track while I play and record a second track. Need to lay down the base track of rhythm guitar while I listen along and solo over the original track and then mix the two as a master track to share with friends. Anyway, thanks to all who reply!
Saz

Re: New user here.............

Post by Saz »

Texas Heat wrote: My question is.............can I play an audio track while I play and record a second track. Need to lay down the base track of rhythm guitar while I listen along and solo over the original track and then mix the two as a master track to share with friends.
You sure can Texas Heat - that's what this program is all about!

If you have everything set up and configured properly, just open MTS, click on "Studio" menu button and select "Wizard" - it will take you through the steps to do what you want. If you run into trouble, just post back.
Texas Heat

great...........

Post by Texas Heat »

Thanks Saz, I will try that! Will post back my results!
Texas Heat

Ran into a problem...............

Post by Texas Heat »

Saz, ran the wizard like ya said. Was able to get the song 1 track playing and I THINK recording a second track. When I play the two back, I get no sound from second track. I messed around with the pan in/out dials but still not good. Can you be so kind as to tell me what steps I am messing, thanks

!
Saz

Post by Saz »

First, make sure you have recorded your 2nd track - easy way to do that is to open the edit window on that track and see if there's any wave forms. (You can open the edit window by clicking the little "Edit" button on the right hand side of the track insert.)

Make sure you are zoomed all the way out on the window so you can be sure to see the whole track and hit the "Home" key on your keyboard - that will take you to the beginning of the track.

If there are no wave forms showing, you need to make sure you have your soundcard configured properly - go to Recording>Audio Input Control and make sure your soundcard inputs are selected.

If there are wave forms showing, go to Studio>Audio Output Control and make your soundcard outputs are selected and not muted.

Post back and let us know your progress. :)
Texas Heat

Post by Texas Heat »

Good grief, I must be dumb as a box of rocks! Still can't seem to get it. Acording to the edit , I see wave patterns on both tracks but I am not sure if the second track is recording the first track during play back or what. All I get is the 1 track during play back AFTER I record the 2nd, what I am I missing????
Saz

Post by Saz »

OK, on playback, hit the "Solo" button, first on Track 1 and then on Track 2 - go back and forth like that a few times. Are both tracks the same?

Gotta be something simple - of course that's the things that drive ya nuts. :)
Texas Heat

hahaha

Post by Texas Heat »

Let me give that a try! Will post back, thanks! If I get this to work, I owe ya a cheeseburger! :lol: