Importing wave files

Discuss working with MultitrackStudio.
fingersonly

Importing wave files

Post by fingersonly »

I just downloaded the lite demo version of Multitrackstudio. Love the interface, and I have heard reviews that it is "rock solid" program.

Will be setting up a new DAW soon and considering changing to Multitrackstudio from Ntrack.

How do I get wav files such as my drum tracks that I created in ACID into MS?

I'm sure this can be done but When I do it I get a track but it does not play. The little play buttton will not activate. Tried a number of things. Is there a manual I can download?

Oh yea! Also I cannot get the demo song to play! I can record tracks --- and play them back fine. I have played around with my sound card sttings over and over. My sound card is the delta audiophile 24/96.
Tim Lynch

Post by Tim Lynch »

Hello Toeless! I suggest you email support by selecting "contact" in the MTS "Studio" menu. That will ensure a correct answer from someone who knows the system. I have had great response to support problems this way. When you do it this way, a report is sent to the support group of how you have your system set up. This forum is not monitored by the MTS support group and if no one here knows the answer to your question, you will get no help here. Have fun!
fingersonly

Post by fingersonly »

Hey thanks --- I'll do just that!

Toeless ---- I love it!!! :P :P :lol: :P
Robomusic

Post by Robomusic »

I have the same card, and all works well, I imagine that if you save a wave file from N you need to import it I will try to do this and repost.

Open MTS go to the green box that says file name right click it, go to open and then find the folder that contains the wave file, the double click it it should load. if you want to add tracks to it, then you must save the file then you can assign new tracks and there properties, go to the song tab and click find save as then give it a name, and then you can open new tracks, open a new one by going to the green box and moving your cursor to the left of it a log box will appear, click and drag atrack on to the black area a new track will be added to the rack go to it's green box right click and chose new there you can assign the type of track you want midi, audio and the like, this is also the method of adding extra efect sends and group sends.

with a little fiddling you will fall in love with this program, , it sometimes seems that it is to simple, but then I realize that it just works, and does not cause problems. I still love N it is a great software, but MTS is far easier, and far far more stable.I find that I just have way more time devoted to making music and less time messing with the program.

Give this program time and it will really catch on, there are so many people over at NT that just "hang in there" hoping for stability, but they do not have to, it is over here, and at a comparable price.
fingersonly

Post by fingersonly »

What I'm trying to do is import a wav file created in ACID pro.
I can import in but not play it
For some reason this is giving me brain cramps!
fingersonly

Post by fingersonly »

I load the file --- save the file -- then the little play box lights up green --- but nada!!! Does not play. could the be because it is a 24 bit file? But no -- I tried to import a 16 bit file ---- same thing.
Saz

Post by Saz »

I have the same card and no problems at all.

Hmmm... What are the properties of the wav file you are trying to import?

Oh, also, the demo has midi tracks - you'll need to set up the sampler or some other midi device to hear the bass and drum tracks - the AP 2496 doesn't have built-in midi.
Saz

Post by Saz »

fingersonly wrote:I load the file --- save the file -- then the little play box lights up green --- but nada!!! Does not play. could the be because it is a 24 bit file? But no -- I tried to import a 16 bit file ---- same thing.
If other wav files play OK, but not the ones you import from ACID, I'm at a loss unless it's some sort of format property problem. Do the wav files from ACID play OK in other programs?
fingersonly

Post by fingersonly »

Yes I create drum loops in acid then import them to NTrack ---
Could it be because they are 24 bit?
Saz

Post by Saz »

OK - the demo version will only support 16 bit wav files. :wink:

Try converting and see if that works.
fingersonly

Post by fingersonly »

O.K. I'll try that. Also been fooling around with Tracktion, and it worked. but that program has a little more leraning curve.
I will covert to 16 bit and see what happens.
fingersonly

Post by fingersonly »

Nope!!!! can't open the 16 bit file.
Created a drum loop in acid --saved it as 16 bit -- opened it in every other program I have ----Nada in MTS.

Great looking program --- but useless to me if I can't open files from ACIE

Gotta be something I'm not seeing. They could not create a program that would not import programs from ACID.

Oh well!!!

There be a ton of programs out there.

But I'll keep trying
Robomusic

Post by Robomusic »

The only thing i can think of is that the audio is not set up properly. Look under Studio audio and also devices and tell us what is there.

I have the m-audio card and it found it immediately, but then i have the pro version not the demo.

Did you e-mail support, They will figure it out for your if patient, it is well worth it, this program is great.

I had nothing but problems with N-tracks studio, I must admit that even the 3.3 version everyone raves about was buggy for me, the midi notes when played thru a softsynth would hang up and not let go if you stopped the transport and restarted.

When i first got MTS there were no real problems everything work out of the gate, but there were some learning issues that SAZZY helped me with and since then i do nothing but complete projects.
fingersonly

Post by fingersonly »

O.K. As usual I had a brain cramp, Their support helped me fix my settings right away.

WOW!!
I got some really fast, helpful, personal attention from support!
If you long time NTrack users and Audio minds forum guys recommend it and with support like that, and if it is as stable as you say, I think I'll buy this little puppy!!
Saz

Post by Saz »

fingersonly wrote: WOW!!
I got some really fast, helpful, personal attention from support!
That's been par for the course for me for 2 years now - support is second to none.

If you want to make music more than hassle with buggy or overly complex software and at the same time acheive excellent sonic results, MTS is the way to go. Like Robo said...
I find that I just have way more time devoted to making music and less time messing with the program.
Even if you buy the software and for some strange, unexplained reason have a problem(I cannot begin to imagine what that would be) that can't be resolved with MTS support - they'll refund your money. Ask the "biggies" if they'll do that. :wink: