Re-naming tracks?

Discuss working with MultitrackStudio.
fingersonly

Re-naming tracks?

Post by fingersonly »

How do I rename a track. Do I have to shut down the track --- go find it by the track number --- rename it and then reopen it?

Oh! I did buy the program today!!! :D
Robomusic

Post by Robomusic »

all you have to do is right click the green box for the track and rename is an option. I think you will love this program, you know it is kinda funny it is so quiet around here I ask SAZ when I first joined why that was, and he replied that most of the folks here are busy making music, rather than trying to solve problems with the software.

That seemed reasonable to me
fingersonly

Post by fingersonly »

I agree!
So easy! Good plugins!! some neat stuff.
And I'm just geting use to it.
Still though I cannot get track names to change without "saving as"
then I end up with two of the same track with different names.
What am I missing?
The help file say's when you rename it will close and reopen -- Not sure what the means?
I click on the name of the track -- right click -- change name -- but it does not change -- stay highlighted --- then I click on the next track to rename and it goes back to the orignal name.
What am I missing?
Robomusic

Post by Robomusic »

right click green box click on rename, rename, then hit the enter key on the keyboard, that should do the job
fingersonly

Post by fingersonly »

Yea Right -- That's what I said --- I knew that :oops:

Love the Aut. fader!!

One more question --- What about pan evelopes?
Robomusic

Post by Robomusic »

that is one i do not know, maybe SAZZY will happen along, he know more than me, FAR MORE, I will mess with it and try to find the answer.
Saz

Post by Saz »

I've gone brain-dead on panning envelopes with audio tracks - gonna have to see how I did that. :?

Panning envelopes are easy with midi tracks though - just open the edit window, select "CONTR" - the midi controller, then select "Controllers", then "Pan" and draw away.
Support

Post by Support »

There's no dedicated "automated panner" effect. You can use a Stereo Effect with Automated Fader effects in one or both channels. Attenuating the left channel equals panning to the right.
Saz

Post by Saz »

Thanks Support!
fingersonly

Post by fingersonly »

Yes
Thanks support