New MTS Features - What would you like?

Discuss working with MultitrackStudio.
Saz

New MTS Features - What would you like?

Post by Saz »

I thought this thread might be helpful to Mr. Bremmers in deciding what new features to code in upcoming versions.

What features or improvements would you like to see?
Saz

Post by Saz »

Due to a current discussion about panning envelopes, I'd like to have a way to draw them in audio tracks that's as easy as drawing them in midi tracks.
Robomusic

Post by Robomusic »

That would be a nice feature, but one i won't use alot personally.

I was thinking on this for a while after reading your post, and i kept going back to the old way of thinking, like in NT or cakewalk where you open a VSTi and asign a midi track to output there and thinking how nice it would be to be able to open just one and send the different tracks to it, then i started to realize that while that has some advantages, it does not give individual control over each track as to how much reverb, or eq, or whatever effect one wants to apply. In NT you can open say Sampletank and routs 16 channels of midi to it. and it has the ability to add fx to each track individually, but they are not as good of fx as some others are. If you use a sound font player then you need to apply the fx to the font player and you lose some of the customizing power of this program. So I think I like it as it is.

If I had to pick a feature or two, I would choose, A. to upgrade the sampler just a bit so it can play more heavily layered fonts a little better, bass, piano, drums guitar all seem to play fairly well, but the sampler struggles with smoother samples like strings, or brass sections, and you must revert back to a true sound font player. and B. I would like to see better wave file and looping tools added, It would be nice to be able to really work with wave file like an acid type ability, where one could highlight a section and render it to an new track.

Other than that it rocks pretty well.
fingersonly

Post by fingersonly »

for me that's the only thing I see,
Drawing pan everlopes. And I have to say I like the way in NTrack you can draw aux sends.

However I have to say I don't use either of those function very often.

But if It takes away from the stability --- I can live without it!!!
Tunemaker

Post by Tunemaker »

Good Topic Saz

To be able to name groups and to move them like you can the tracks

To be able to hide certain tracks ( to simplify workspace )

If I think of others I'll be back :D

Rob
Robomusic

Post by Robomusic »

Another cool feature would be the ability to mix down at faster than real time, like cakewalk does, that is a very nice feature, althought certainly not a deal breaker.
snaarman

Post by snaarman »

Here's a thought that might get some reaction:

How about shift-click on the effects sent and pan pots..

Shift-click on send kills the send while the mouse button is down, and puts it back where it was when the button is released. That way you can tweak up an effect and also quickly mute it to hear a dry signal at the same time.

Similarly, shift-click on pan put it in the centre as a quick check. Relase the button and it reverts to your previous pan setting.

Oh - any chance we can import and save in WMA format as well. Useful for posting mixes to the web. I have found that 64k MP3 sounds nasty, but 64K WMA is almost OK :)

See ya

Pete H
SleggTheSockpuppet

Post by SleggTheSockpuppet »

naming groups AND effects channels would be great

i would live to be able to copy, cut and paste within automated faders, & for their windows to stay open till i closed them like track edit box-thingies

i'd like to be able to send groups to further groups, and send tracks to more than one group at once, too
SleggTheSockpuppet

Post by SleggTheSockpuppet »

re shiftclick (see snaarman's suggestion) - i would very much want this to be optional (or on right-click?) as i like to tweak on the fly sometimes (low latency allowing within reason)
Robomusic

Post by Robomusic »

I think after taking some time to think this thru and use the program more that i would like two things, a looping tool where you can set a looped area and play it over and over to work on a part of a song. I have learned alot about the export and highlight features and they are great in this program. Next i would love to have a Mixdown offline feature like N-track and cakewalk has that would save a lot of time, I beleive cakewalk calls it bounce to audio, on MTS it would even be better than Cake since this program allows mixdown thru the samplers and VSTis to a new track with out a hassle, so a non-real time mixdown would be sweet.