Using Automated fader for ecco

Discuss working with MultitrackStudio.
fingersonly

Using Automated fader for ecco

Post by fingersonly »

In the help menu under the Automated Fader is says this:

"The Automated Fader is a volume control that can be programmed to change with time. It can be used to attenuate, amplify or mute part of a Track. It can also be used to turn off Reverb or Echo effects."

How do you use it to turn off or on Echo Effects?

For instance what I would like to do is just add echo to a vocal just at one point.
Saz

Post by Saz »

I've never tried controlling echo or reverb with the Automated Fader.

I just use the "Audio Edit Control" ... http://www.multitrackstudio.com/waveeditcontrol.gif after selecting the part of the track I want to "effect" and insert the reverb or echo in one of the slots.

You might be able to put the Automated Fader there in a slot "after" the effect for better control.

Otherwise, I guess you could set up another "wet" only track and use the Automated Fader to control it or even use it in an "Effect Return".

Good question - I'll have to play around and see which method works best.
fingersonly

Post by fingersonly »

"You might be able to put the Automated Fader there in a slot "after" the effect for better control. " -------------

Yep!! works like a charm ---
snaarman

Post by snaarman »

Hi there guys..

Yes, I can confirm that you can use auto fader to control reverb and echo - just right to give that guitar break a bit of a push...

I make an effects return that consists of fader, then EQ then reverb - the top and bottom cut EQ before the reverb seems to be essential to keep it sounding sweet.

Also sometimes use fader and classic-delay to put a splash of echo into part of a track.

Like you say, the answer is, (usually) "Yes, this program does it.. What was the question.."

PH
Saz

Post by Saz »

Good to know snaarman - thanks for sharing. 8)