Quiet?

Discuss working with MultitrackStudio.
Matt

Quiet?

Post by Matt »

:?: I noticed whenever I record that the signal is chopped at 0 dB.

I had no problem with it until I realized recorded on a CD, was very quiet compared to studio recordings.

Is there anything I can do to at least have the ability to finalize the tracks at something higher than 0 db...Like +6 or +12 dB so I can get a decent and actually some higher semi-professional recordings?

I'd appreciate if I was helped in any means possible. Thanks! :?:
Robomusic

Post by Robomusic »

This is a subject i have seem for quite sometime now, and a problem in general with home recording. Here is the answer that i have gotten form several sources all very knowledgable and experienced.

The problem starts with the fact that commercial studios seem to be in a all out war to see who can make the loudest CD, they basically compress the HELL out of their mixes to get them loud loud loud. having said that sometimes they ruin the mix as well, I would concern myself with making the cleanest recordings i can make, once i have them crisp and clean and panned, properly I then add effects, getting reverb, eq just right on each track. I then add a light compression to the overall mix, by placing it on the main buss. and also add compression on the individual tracks as needed to ad the right punch and power. then i add a master limiter to the main after the compressor, so I can boost the volume until the leds in meter are still moving, but as loud as i can get it with out causing the metter to be filled with green and yellow that is not moving, the limiter gives me the ability to raise the volume without clipping,