Click track bleed over

Discuss working with MultitrackStudio.
Tim Lynch

Click track bleed over

Post by Tim Lynch »

Hello Fellow Users! I was wondering how I can prevent the click track from bleeding into a guitar rhythm track. I thought it was coming thru the headphones into the mic when I was recording a rhythm track while listening to the click track, but when I just played the click track and recorded dry air to a different track, with the headphones off, I still get the click recorded on the other track. It seems to be coming from somewhere internal on the computer. The click is then heard behind the rhythm guitar when I play back the rhythm track and mute the click track. All I want is to stay on time with the guitar, not hear the click also. I am using the Audiophile 192/64 card on a dell 4600 on windows xp sp2. My integrated digital audio is disabled. Any thoughts before I email support? Prethanks!
Saz

Post by Saz »

Hi Tim! Open your Delta control panel and go to the Patchbay/Router tab. Under H/W Out 1/2 try selecting different connections. I think your problem is related to these and how you have your soundcard set in MTS. Let us know. :wink:
Tim Lynch

Post by Tim Lynch »

Hello Saz! On that panel all choices are disabled except for H/W Out S/PDIF. Under that are some choices...I'll play with them tomorrow. Thanks for pointing me there...hope thats where it can be solved.
Tim Lynch

Post by Tim Lynch »

I found the problem with this. I was running the monitor out wires from the audiophile 192 to the aux in on my audiopro 1212 amp/mixer. This was causing the bleed over. When I disconnected those wires, it stopped. But I needed them to be able to hear playback thru the headphones. So I connected the monitor out wires to the effects in on the amp/mixer and then monitored playback thru the headphones selecting effects in the right headphone and main in the left. The 1212 board gives this option and the bleed over was eliminated. It was not the MTS software, it was the amp/mixer.
Saz

Post by Saz »

Good going Tim! :wink: