Vu Meters --

Discuss working with MultitrackStudio.
fingersonly

Vu Meters --

Post by fingersonly »

The only problem I have with the program after use now for while is the small vu meters. Find myself going back to NTrack because I fee more comfortable with the larger variable size numbered VU meters especially monitoring input. How are others dealing with this?
(sorry if this is posted twice --- first one disappeared)
snaarman

Post by snaarman »

Good point...

I guess the size of the VU meters will depend on your screen resolution and your screen size. (I run 1150 wide on a 17 inch screen and - yes - the meters are rather small) I wonder if the program was originally designed for 800x600 or 1k x 768 resolution??

For input monitoring I tend to use the VU meters on my mixer, they are larger and you can see them at a glance from across the room.

My moan is about the MTS replay meters - I would like to see a pair of them when you dealing with a stereo track :)

Perhaps we should send a hint to MTS support for the next issue...

PH
fingersonly

Post by fingersonly »

Yep!! I agree. I really like and need those meters in pairs when recording and monitoring stereo, or two mono tracks.
Tried using the meters in my souncard software but too much of a hassle just to use the program.
I hate to say this but mostly for this reason I have found myself always still using NTrack.
Like the way the meters can be moved and resized and with the numbers in NTrack
Robomusic

Post by Robomusic »

yeah the meters are small, but still a good reference, I just make sure that the peaks are where they should be and i am happy, I do love NTracks, but i can not for the life of me get a decent track using sound fonts, in N-tracks, especially with drum tracks, It leaves out important parts of the drum font, like a ride or hit hat or a shaker, that sounds great in the track. Also N always uses way to much resources, and is still not that stable.
fingersonly

Post by fingersonly »

Yea I am getting use to the smaller meters and watching the peaks.
No doubt this is a great, simple to use and stable as a rock program.